The new Sigvaris Anti-Embolism Thigh-High Stockings aids in post-surgery recovery by increasing circulation in the calves and thighs. The increased circulation helps to decrease the risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis (blood clots) after surgery. The majority of blood clots form after surgery while a patient is in the hospital or soon after they return home. These soft, comfortable anti-embolism stockings will help to prevent DVT and help the patient transition from bed rest to rehabilitation.
The Sigvaris Anti-Embolism Stockings provide 18-23 mmHg of graduated compression through the foot, calf and thigh. The open toe design makes it easy to check the toes to ensure that blood is being circulated effectively. A wide band at the top of each stocking is included to keep the stocking in place throughout the day. The anatomical foot design makes it possible to wear the stockings with shoes once the patient is ready to become mobile again. The stockings are made of extremely soft, latex-free fabric that will be comfortable to wear all day long.
Sigvaris Anti-Embolism Stocking Features and Benefits
- Aids post surgery recovery
- Helps reduce the risk of DVT (blood clots) while on bed rest
- Reduces leg discomfort and swelling
- Designed for patients after surgery
- 18-23 mmHg graduated compression
- Open toe design
- Wide band at the top helps stocking stay in place
- Anatomical foot design makes it easy to wear in bed or to physical therapy
- Extremely soft fabric
Product Specifications, Indications, and Contraindications
- 18-23 mmHg
- Indications: Thrombosis prophylaxis
- Contraindications: Acute or untreated cellulites, or other infections, acute, decompensated congestive heart failure or myocardial infarction, unstable kidney function, severe peripheral arterial disease, untreated septic phlebitis
- Cautions: Mild or moderate peripheral arterial disease, peripheral neuropathy, chronic, compensated congestive heart failure, cognitive or safety issues, incontinence, poor patient tolerance, difficulty removing garment, dermatitis, eczema, dermatosclerosis, and other skin conditions, skin infections, fabric sensitivities, vasopressor drugs
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!