Manual Hospital Beds
Manual Hospital Beds are medical beds that use hand cranks to raise the entire bed level, as well as the head and foot sections of the bed. This results in optimal comfort for the patient. Manual hospital beds are just as versatile as full and semi-electric beds, but lack the risk of motor failure and maintenance. Sturdy, reliable and comfortable, these medical beds are a cost-effective long-term care option.
Be sure to visit the mattresses page to find compatible mattresses.
Manual Hospital Beds are a cost effective solution ideal for patients who either have a caretaker or who have the ability to use the hand crank to raise and lower the bed.
Weight Weight Capacity Bed Height Maximum Bed Angle Trendelenburg Warranty 156 lbs 450 lbs 15 to 22.83 Inches 68 Degrees None 1 Year Warranty
How to Choose a Manual Hospital Beds
Choosing a manual hospital bed doesn't have to be a difficult or stressful experience. At Vitality Medical, we carry several different types of manufacturers who offer a variety of different manual hospital beds. Some of our most popular manufacturers include:
- Drive Medical: As one of the fastest growing global distributors of durable medical equipment, Drive Medical offers a straightforward, fail-proof manual hospital bed that's simultaneously comfortable and sturdy.
- Invacare: Invacare manufactures quite a few long-term care products, including manual hospital beds. If you're looking for an economical hospital bed bundle, take a look at Invacare's selection.
- MJM Manual Hospital Beds: MJM is another manufacturer of manual hospital beds, including a model that is equipped with a PVC gurney and hard shell drain pan for ease of use.
Manual Hospital Beds FeaturesThe components of a manual hospital bed will differ slightly from an electric, or semi-electric hospital bed. The features of a hospital bed include:
- Reinforced headspring for maximum bed strength and support.
- Easy release motor mounts for quick motor removal.
- Durable casters for increased mobility and secure locking.
- Reinforced corner plates to prevent bending.
The advantages and disadvantages offered by manual hospital beds and other hospital beds can be viewed at Hospital Bed Comparisons.
Manual Hospital Bed Featured Patient Indications
- Adjustable Height for Easier Mobility in and out of Bed
- Adjustable Head and Knee Position for Comfort and Increased Circulation
- Less Maintenance and Upkeep with Manual Hospital Beds
- The Most Economical Hospital Bed