Last Updated: July 30, 2020
Vitality Medical recognizes and respects the importance of customers' privacy and security. To guarantee our customers a safe and confidential shopping experience, Vitality Medical uses McAfee Secure to safeguard their personal information. More specifically, McAfee Secure actively employs Secure Sockets Layer, SSL, technology on the credit card and personal information pages of our website. SSL technology functions by managing server and client authentication, and encrypting both server and client communication. This means that McAfee Secure encrypts your credit card information and keeps it safe by routing payment only to Vitality Medical. Your credit card information is never stored or visible to Vitality Medical when you purchase online. Due to this safety feature, each time you place an order online, you will need to provide your credit card information.
To check or verify the security of your connection, please click on the McAfee Secure logo found at the lower right-hand side of our home page. By clicking on McAfee's logo, it will take you to their website and instantly detect malware, phishing and SSL activation. If McAfee Secure detects "no malware or malicious links found," "no phishing detected," and "valid SSL certificate detected," that means your connection is secure and you can place your order online without worry or apprehension. To further ensure a secure connection, when you access the "checkout" page (where sensitive information is entered), you will notice the first characters of the URL, uniform resource locator (web address), will change from "http" to "https." The change in the address denotes a secure IP address.
Some browsers and firewalls do not permit communication through secure servers. If you access Vitality Medical through an insecure connection you will not be able to place an order online. If you cannot access our shopping cart, please print out our order form and place your order by phone at 1-800-397-5899.
How We Use the Information We Collect?
- Services:When you make a purchase from Vitality Medical, we use the information you provide to us (name, address, phone, etc.) to process your order. We do not share or sell this information to third parties. All information is considered private and confidential, and is only used to help us better serve you and improve your shopping experience while online with Vitality Medical. All credit card numbers are routed through McAfee Secure and are never visible to Vitality Medical for online purchases.
- Website: We may use information we collect to improve VitalityMedical.com and our services
- Promotional: We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, sms, online promotions that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of any communication we send you.
- Analytics: We collect general browsing data and device information to optimize our services and improve our offerings.
- IP Addresses - Fraud Prevention: We use IP address information to help us identify fraudulent activity. IP addresses are stored with your order information when your order is placed. IP Address logs are also saved for 30 days before they are deleted.
- Communication: If you reach out to use via email, sms, phone, or mail we will retain that communication information to respond to your inquiry.
"Do Not Track"
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their web page visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Vitality Medical uses a browser feature known as a cookie. A cookie is a simple file that stores your personalized information on your hard drive so you don't have to re-enter it a second time when revisiting our website. Cookies help to improve and personalize your shopping experience by increasing our web pages responsiveness and decreasing time between downloading as you browse or surf through our website.
California Privacy Rights under the CCPA:
The following information is regarding the personal data we collect on consumers from the state of California and their rights supplied to them due to the California Consumer Act.
We understand that the CCPA or the California Consumer Act allows consumers to opt-out of any data collection strategies, to ask for details regarding specific pieces of personal information, and request to have certain personal information deleted. We do not discriminate against consumers for using these afforded rights.
We have collected the following types of data:
- Identifiers (such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, IP Address)
- commercial information (transactional information, purchase history, payment info)
- Browsing history on our site
Please know that we use third-party cookies to assist us with advertising, this also helps us to analyze and track data based on your time spent and pages visited on our website. We use this information to help provide you a better shopping experience.
We use and disclose the categories of personal information we collect from and about you consistent with the business purposes discussed in the section “How We Use the Information We Collect”.
The CCPA also sets forth obligations for businesses that "sell” personal information to third parties. We do not “sell” personal information and have not sold any personal information in the past 12 months.
If you are a California resident, you may have the following consumer rights under the CCPA:
- Right to request deletion of personal information. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain conditions and limitations under the law.
- Right to Opt-Out of the sale of personal information. The CCPA provides consumers with the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information. We do not share, sell, rent, or trade User Personal Information with third parties for their commercial purposes as defined under the CCPA.
- Right to non-discrimination for exercising a consumer privacy right. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.
To exercise any of your rights as set out above on or after January 1, 2020, and are a California resident, please contact us by submitting a request at DSAR Form or by contacting us at 7910 S 3500 E, Suite C, SLC 84121. You will be required to verify your identity before we are able to fulfill your request.
About Credit Card Transactions
Can I safely transmit information such as credit card numbers?
You can enter your credit card number on a secure (https) form and transmit the form over the Internet to a secure server without risk of an intermediary obtaining your credit card information. The security features offered by your web browser technology protects commercial transactions, as well as all other communications, from misappropriation and fraud that could otherwise occur as information passes through the internet.
Furthermore, with SSL implemented on both the client and server, your internet communications are transmitted in an encrypted form. Information you send can be trusted to arrive privately and unaltered to the server you specify (and no other).
SSL uses authentication and encryption technology. For example, your browsers export implementation of SSL (U.S. government approved) uses a high-grade, 128-bit key size. The encryption established between you and a server remains valid over multiple connections, yet the effort expended to defeat the encryption of one message cannot be leveraged to defeat the next message.
Your browser and secure servers deliver server authentication using signed digital certificates issued by trusted third parties known as certificate authorities, via McAfee Secure. A digital certificate verifies the connection between a server's public key and the server's identification (just as a driver's license verifies the connection between your photograph and your personal identification.) Cryptographic checks, using digital signatures, ensure that information within a certificate can be trusted.
If you have any questions concerning our privacy and security policy, we can be reached by email at [email protected] or by telephone at: 1-800-397-5899 (outside USA 801-733-4449 or 801-733-5758).