Hominex Amino Acid Modified Infant Formula is an Amino Acid-Modified Infant Formula With Iron. Hominex Infant Formula provides nutrition support for infants and toddlers with vitamin B6-nonresponsive homocystinuria or hypermethioninemia. Hominex Amino Acid Infant Formula is Methionine-free. Use Hominex-1 under medical supervision.
Hominex Amino Acid Modified Infant Formula Features and Benefits
- Methionine-free to allow greater intake of intact protein.
- L-cystine, in a soluble form, an essential amino acid that is often deficient in diets of infants and toddlers with homocystinuria.
- L-carnitine (20 mg/100 g) and taurine (40 mg/100 g) to help supply amounts normally found in human milk and foods of animal origin.
- Approximately 40% of energy as fat to help achieve acceptable formula osmolality.
- 6.6% of energy as linoleic acid.
- Nutrient profile specifically designed for infants and toddlers.
- When fed according to the Abbott Nutrition Support Protocols, provides adequate amounts of all nutrients.
Hominex Nutrition Information Links
- Hominex Nutrition Information presents details for vitamins, minerals, protein and calories.
Hominex Unflavored Powder
- Hominex-1 Powder / 14.1-oz (400-g) Can / 6 ct
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Abbott Nutrition
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!