Other Similac product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Similac® PM 60/40 Low-Iron Infant Formula is designed for infants susceptable to constipation due to difficulty absorbing minerals in regular infant formula. A lower iron intake is important especially for infants with impaired renal function. PM 60/40 Low-Iron also manages serum calcium disorders for infants with high calcium and phosphate blood levels. The mineral levels found in PM 60/40 closely resemble breast milk. Abbott Nutrition uses the 60:40 ratio of whey to casein (milk proteins) to lessen the absorption of iron.
Similac® PM 60/40 Low-Iron offers 20 calories per fluid ounce. Additional iron in baby's diet should be supplied from other sources. Formula is suitable for other dietary needs such as Halal, Kosher and is gluten-free.
Features, Benefits, Ingredients, Precautions, Preparation, Storage, Handling and Nutrition Information
Features and Benefits:
- Low-Iron Formula
- Reduces Painful Constipation
- Manages Serum Calcium Disorders
- Manages Hypercalcemia and Hypocalcemia
- Easier Digestion
- Easy Preparation
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Brand: Similac 60/40 Low-Iron
- Item Number: 00850
- Volume: 14.1 oz Powder
- Quantity: Each, Case of 6
Powder Unflavored: Lactose, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Whey Protein Concentrate, Soy Oil, Coconut Oil, Sodium Caseinate. Less than 2% of: Potassium Citrate, Calcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Ascorbic Acid, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, m-Inositol, Salt, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Mixed Tocopherols, L-Carnitine, Niacinamide, d-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Beta-Carotene, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Phylloquinone, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin, and Potassium Hydroxide. Allergens: Contains milk ingredients.
- It may be necessary to supply electrolytes from other sources when infant is losing abnormal quantities of one or more electrolytes.
- It may be necessary to supply low-birth-weight infants weighing less than 4 lbs birth with additional calcium, phosphorus, and sodium during periods of rapid growth.
- Never use a microwave oven to warm formula it may cause serious burns.
- Disclaimer: Baby's health depends on carefully following these easy directions. Proper hygiene, handling and storage are important when preparing infant formula. Consult with pediatrician baby's immune system will benefit when bottles, nipples and rings are boiled to sterilize before feeding.
- Always wash your hands, surfaces and utensils when preparing formula.
- Pour desired amount of water into a clean bottle and follow Mixing Guide.
- Add one unpacked level scoop to each 2 fl oz of water.
- Cap bottle, shake well, and attach nipple.
- Once oral feeding begins, use within one hour or discard.
Storage and Handling:
- Once powder is mixed with water, store bottle in refrigerator and feed to baby within 24 hours.
- Store unopened or opened container at room temperature and avoid extreme temperatures.
- Use opened can of Similac PM 60/40 within one month.
Similac PM 60/40 Low-Iron Nutrition Information
Volume 5 fl oz prepared Calories 100 Protein 2.2 grams Fats 5.6 grams Carbohydrates 10.2 grams Water 134 Linoleic Acid 1000 mg Vitamin A 300 IU Vitamin D 60 IU Vitamin E 1.5 IU Vitamin K 8 mcg Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 100 mcg Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 150 mcg Vitamin B6 60 mcg Vitamin B12 .03 mcg Niacin 1050 mcg Folic Acid 15 mcg Biotin 5 mcg Pantothenic Acid 450 mcg Vitamin C 9 mg Choline 12 mg Inositol 24 mg Calcium 56 mg Calcium 2.8 mEq Phosphorus 28 mg Magnesium .07 mg Iron 1.9 mg Zinc .8 mg Manganese 5 mcg Copper 90 mcg Iodine 6 mcg Selenium 2 mcg Sodium 24 mg Sodium 1.0 mEq Potassium 80 mg Potassium 2.1 mEq Chloride 59 mg Chloride 1.7 mEq
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Abbott Nutrition Sub Brand Similac
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!