Other Similac product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Similac Alimentum Overview
Similac Alimentum Formula, manufactured by Abbott Nutrition, is a gentle, hypoallergenic ready-to-feed formula for infants with a sensitivity to milk protein. Colic and excessive crying may be due to cow's milk protein. If your baby's digestive system shows signs of this sensitivity or to soy-based formulas, Similac Alimentum Ready-to-Feed is a great option to provide relief. Milk protein sensitivity isn't typical, but when it arises, parents can have peace of mind that there is a gentle alternative. Alimentum helps to reduce excessive crying and discomfort by reducing gas, reflux, diarrhea, and constipation. In most infants, these symptoms improve within 24 hours. This was based on a clinical study in 2004 using Similac Alimentum Ready to Feed with a small group of infants experiencing colic symptoms due to cow's milk protein sensitivity.
Similac Alimentum is nutritionally complete and offers 20 calories per fluid ounce. This unique formula has been given as a supplemental beverage for children with severe food allergies, sensitivity to intact protein, protein maldigestion, and fat malabsorption. This ready-to-feed version is made with oils that are well absorbed and is palm olein-free. Similac Expert Care Alimentum is made with two carbohydrates with two absorptive pathways to maximize absorption and minimize malabsorption risks. It's also a gluten-free formula to accommodate babies with other dietary restrictions.
Features and Benefits
- Reduces Colic Symptoms Due to Milk Protein Sensitivity
- Ideal for Children With Food Allergies
- Hypoallergenic Formula
- No Milk Protein
- Gentile Formula
- Good Absorption
- Free of Palm Olein Oil
- Choose From Powder or Ready-to-Feed Formula
- Nutritionally Complete
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Brand: Similac
- Product Numbers: 57512, 59738, 64715
- Size Options: 2- and 32-Ounce Ready-to-Feed; 12.1-Ounce Powder
- Size: Each, Case of 24
- HCPCS Code: B4161
- Application: Hypoallergenic Infant Formula
Corn Maltodextrin (35%), Casein Hydrolysate [Derived from Milk] (18%), Sugar (15%), High Oleic Safflower Oil (10%), Medium-Chain Triglycerides (10%), Soy Oil (8%). Less than 2% of: C. Cohnii Oil, M. Alpina Oil, Calcium Phosphate, DATEM, Potassium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Chloride, Monoglycerides, Ascorbic Acid, Salt, L-Cystine Dihydrochloride, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, L-Tyrosine, L-Tryptophan, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Taurine, m-Inositol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, L-Carnitine, Niacinamide, Mixed Tocopherols, Calcium Pantothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Potassium Hydroxide, Phylloquinone, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin D3, and Cyanocobalamin.
Ready to Feed Preparation
Note: When using the liquid ready-to-feed formula, do not add water.
- Rinse can lid to avoid contamination.
- Shake well.
- Lift and pull tab to open.
- Pour formula into bottle or cup and attach nipple or lid.
- Once feeding begins, use within one hour or discard.
Ready to Feed Storage and Handling
- Avoid prolonged exposure to light and extreme temperatures.
- Store unopened bottles at room temperature.
- Store in refrigerator and use within 48 hours.
- Do Not Use a microwave oven to warm formula. Serious burns can result.
Manuals and Documents
- Additional Information