Customers Also Bought
Calcilo XD Low Calcium Infant Formula is a Vitamin D-Free Infant Formula With Iron. Calcilo XD provides nutrition support for infants with hypercalcemia, as may occur in infants with Williams syndrome, osteopetrosis, and primary neonatal hyperparathyroidism. Calcilo XD is used for infants when a low-calcium, vitamin D-free formula is needed. Calcilo XD contains no vitamin D. Use Calcilo XD Low Calcium Infant Formula under medical supervision. Powder infant formulas are not sterile and should not be fed to premature infants or infants who might have immune problems unless directed and supervised by your baby's doctor.
Calcilo XD Low Calcium Infant Formula Features and Benefits
- The only commercially available formula for the management of hypercalcemia in infants.
- Nutritionally complete—when prepared as directed, meets the American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Nutrition recommendations for all nutrients including vitamins and minerals except calcium, vitamin D and phosphorus.
- Only a minimal amount of calcium (15 mg/100 g powder; 2.9 mg/100 Cal).
- L-carnitine (7 mg/100 g) and taurine (35 mg/100 g).
- Eliminates the need to prepare a modular formula.
Calcilo XD Nutrition Information Links
- Calcilo XD Nutritional Information contains details for vitamins, minerals, protein and calories.
- Calcilo XD Nutrition Guide offers several pages of nutritional information about this Abbott Nutrition product line.
Calcilo XD Ingredients
Calcilo XD Unflavored Powder
Calcilo XD Powder / 14.1-oz (400-g) Can / 6 ct
Corn Syrup Solids, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Soy Oil. Less than 2% of the Following: Calcium Phosphate, DATEM, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, Taurine, m-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, L-Carnitine, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Mixed Tocopherols, Calcium Pantothenate, Salt, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Potassium Iodide, Biotin, Phylloquinone, Sodium Selenate, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Vitamin D3, and Cyanocobalamin.
Calcilo XD Preparation
Directions for Preparation and Use: Use Only As Directed by a Physician
Your baby's health depends on carefully following these directions. Proper hygiene, handling and storage are important when preparing infant formula. Failure to follow these directions could result in severe harm. Ask your baby's doctor if you need to use cooled, boiled water for mixing and if you need to boil (sterilize) bottles, nipples and rings before use.
- Wash your hands, surfaces and utensils.
- Pour prescribed amount of water into a clean bottle (see mixing guide).
- Add 1 unpacked level scoop (8.6 g) to each 2 fl oz of water
- Return dry scoop to can.
- Cap bottle; shake well; attach nipple.
- Once feeding begins, use within 1 hour or discard.
Measure Water Add scoop(s) of unpacked level powder using enclosed scoop Finished Bottle (approx) 2-fl-oz 1 scoop (8.6 g) 2 fl oz 4-fl-oz 2 scoops 4 fl oz 6-fl-oz 3 scoops 6 fl oz
To make a larger amount of formula at standard measuring cup, add 1 unpacked, level cup (NOT the enclosed scoop) of powder (105 g) to 24 fl oz of water. Yields approximately 26 fl oz of formula. To maintain freshness, pour prepared formula into individual feeding bottles, cap and store in refrigerator. Prepared formula should not be left unrefrigerated.When mixed as directed, the contents of one can (375 g) will make approximately 96 fl oz of formula at 20 Cal/fl oz.
Storage & Handling
- Once mixed, store bottles or container in refrigerator and feed to baby or child within 24 hours
- Store unopened or opened can at room temperature; avoid extreme temperatures.
- Use opened can contents within 1 month.
- Additional Information