Cidex is manufactured by Johnson & Johnson for disinfecting in hospitals and as a surgical instrument sterilization solution for Patient Care. Cidex is a fast and effective way to disinfect and sterilize a wide variety of medical devices and instruments. Cidex Disinfectant comes in two options to meet individual sterilization needs: Cidex 14-Day Alkaline Glutaraldehyde for Non Corrosive Disinfecting and Cidex OPA for Instrument Reprocessing. A brief summary of each Cidex Disinfectant option is provided below:
- Cidex Plus 28-Day is a 3.4% glutaraldehyde solution. Cidex Plus is a high-level microbicidal disinfectant destroying harmful microorganisms within 20 minutes at 25 degrees Celsius.
- Cidex 14-Day uses a 2.4% alkaline glutaraldehyde solution to destroys 99.8% of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in 45 minutes at 25 degrees Celsius.
- Cidex OPA uses a ortho-phthalaldehyde solution. Cidex OPA is compatible with a wide range of medical devices. Requiring no activation or mixing, Cidex OPA destroys Mycobacteruim tuberculosis in 12 minutes at 20 degrees Celsius.
Johnson & Johnson Cidex is one of the most popular hospital grade disinfectants on the market since it has a broad kill spectrum and is effective and safe for a wide variety of medical instruments and devices, including endoscopes.
Johnson & Johnson Cidex Features and Benefits
- Fast acting & reliable disinfectants.
- 14 to 75 day reuse life.
- High level of disinfection within minutes.
- Non-corrosive options - Cidex 14-Day Solution and Cidex 28-Day Solution.
- Cidex OPA Solution can be used straight from the bottle for extra efficiency.
- Cidex OPA requires no activation or mixing.
- Cidex Plus 28 Day Solution works quickly to disinfect metal and plastic devices as well as elastomers.
- Destroys all vegetative forms of bacteria.
- Ideal for physicians offices, dentists, hospitals and clinics.
Johnson & Johnson Cidex Micro Organism Effectiveness
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Salmonella choleraesuis
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Mycobacterium bovis
- Trichophyton mentagrophytes
- Poliovirus Type 1
- Rhinovirus Type 42
- Adenovirus Type 2
- Vaccinia (Wyeth)
- Coxsackievirus Type B-3
- Influenza Virus [Hong Kong]
- Herpes Simplex Types 1 and 2