Other Cidex product(s)
Customers Also Bought
CIDEX OPA Solution OverviewWho buys this:
People who want an easy way to sterilize sensitive equipment.Why they love it:
It’s easy to use and doesn’t need to be monitored.
Long the standard for rapid, high-level disinfectant used in hospitals and healthcare facilities, CIDEX OPA Solution is ideal for reprocessing sensitive and semi-critical equipment such as flexible endoscopes. Part of the Johnson & Johnson family, CIDEX OPA Solution CIDEX OPA Solution is glutaraldehyde-free (0.55% ortho-phthalaldehyde). It achieves high-level disinfection in five minutes (at 20 degrees C) via automated reprocessing systems or 12 minutes after manual cleaning and soaking.
Why Buy This Product?
Powerful -- yet gentle on common medical-grade materials. CIDEX OPA Solution provides broad-spectrum activity against bacteria (e.g., Mycobacterium tuberculosis), viruses (e.g., HIV-1) and all fungi. CIDEX OPA Solution boasts universal acceptance by highly regarded U.S. governmental agencies such as the FDA and CDC, making it the first choice for instrument reprocessing.
This solution is reusable for up to 14 days; to monitor the solution's efficacy during reuse, CIDEX OPA Test Strips are also available and sold separately.
- Virtually odorless due to low vapor pressure
- No special vents or air monitors required
Reduced instrument damage and repair
- Offers unsurpassed material compatibility
- Gentler on flexible scopes than peracetic acid
Most studies conducted have concluded that the vapor pressure of CIDEX OPA Solution is undetectable at room temperature.
Product Features and Benefits:
- Fast Turnaround -- High-level disinfection within five minutes (automated processing) or 12 minutes (manual reprocessing).
- Cost-effective -- Packaged in economical gallon jugs, the solution is reusable for up to 14 days (monitor with CIDEX Test Strips, item number 20392 - sold separately). The medical disinfectant boasts a 75-day shelf life after opening and a two-year shelf life when unopened.
- Safe for Personnel -- Low-vapor formula is ready-to-use. The no-mix solution not only expedites reprocessing, but also limits risk of accidents (e.g., improper mixing).
- Environmentally Friendly -- can be disposed down drains, per local regulations, because it oxidizes with water and converts into carbon dioxide.
- Gentle on Instruments -- This disinfectant solution can be used on common medical-grade materials such as aluminum, brass, copper, silicone rubber and stainless steel.
- Product numbers: 20390 (gallon jugs) and 20392 (Test Strips)
- Liquid color: Light blue
- Use: Manufacturer recommends wearing eye protection and chemical-resistant gloves
- Solubility: Water-soluble
How to Use Cidex OPA Video (4:03 minutes)
Manuals and Documents
- Cidex Opa contains instructions.
- Additional Information