Long the standard for rapid, high-level disinfectant used in hospitals and healthcare facilities, CIDEX OPA Solution is ideal for reprocessing sensitive and semi-critical equipment such as flexible endoscopes. Part of the Johnson & Johnson family, CIDEX OPA Solution is glutaraldehyde-free (0.55% ortho-phthalaldehyde). It achieves high-level disinfection in five minutes (at 20 degrees C) via automated reprocessing systems or 12 minutes after manual cleaning and soaking.
Powerful -- yet gentle on common medical-grade materials. It provides broad-spectrum activity against bacteria (e.g., Mycobacterium tuberculosis), viruses (e.g., HIV-1) and all fungi. CIDEX OPA Solution boasts universal acceptance by highly regarded U.S. governmental agencies such as the FDA and CDC, making it the first choice for instrument reprocessing.
This solution is reusable for up to 14 days; to monitor the solution's efficacy during reuse, CIDEX OPA Test Strips are also available and sold separately.
Increase Speed and Efficiency
- High level of disinfectant in just five minutes at a temperature of at least 77 degrees Fahrenheit using an automatic endoscope preprocessor.
- Use a validated rinse cycle.
- Make sure that all lumens will get completely rinsed.
- Each rinse cycle should last at least one minute, unless otherwise specified.
- Soaking at 68 degrees Fahrenheit or higher takes twelve minutes. (Be sure to fill all lumens and eliminate air pockets.) Rinse thoroughly.
- Immerse in at least 2 gallons of water.
- Submerge for at least 1 minute.
- Rinse all lumens by hand using a lot of water.
- Remove the device.
- Discard the water.
- Repeat twice.
- Reduce inventory, increase the number of procedures, or do some of both with faster turnaround of equipment reprocessing.
- Reduce unproductive waiting times from your staff, making your organizational operation more efficient.
- Cidex kills glutaraldehyde-resistant mycobacteria3.
- It reduces the amount of disinfectant required - gallon for gallon, it disinfects more instruments than glutaraldehyde.
- Ready to use and activated straight from the bottle, saving set-up time.
- It works with all reprocessing methods.
- Unopened bottles have a 2-year shelf life.
- Use within 75 days after opening.
- Discard expired product by mixing thoroughly with water.
- Virtually odorless due to low vapor pressure
- No special vents or air monitors required
Reduced instrument damage and repair
- Offers unsurpassed material compatibility
- Gentler on flexible scopes than peracetic acid
Most studies conducted have concluded that the vapor pressure of CIDEX OPA Solution is undetectable at room temperature.
Product Features and Benefits:
- Fast Turnaround -- High-level disinfection within five minutes (automated processing) or 12 minutes (manual reprocessing).
- Cost-effective -- Packaged in economical gallon jugs, the solution is reusable for up to 14 days (monitor with CIDEX Test Strips, item number 20392 - sold separately). The medical disinfectant boasts a 75-day shelf life after opening and a two-year shelf life when unopened.
- Safe for Personnel -- Low-vapor formula is ready-to-use. The no-mix solution not only expedites reprocessing, but also limits risk of accidents (e.g., improper mixing).
- Environmentally Friendly -- can be disposed down drains, per local regulations, because it oxidizes with water and converts into carbon dioxide.
- Gentle on Instruments -- This disinfectant solution can be used on common medical-grade materials such as aluminum, brass, copper, silicone rubber and stainless steel.
- Product numbers: 20390 (gallon jugs) and 20392 (Test Strips)
- Liquid color: Light blue
- Use: Manufacturer recommends wearing eye protection and chemical-resistant gloves
- Solubility: Water-soluble
Vitality Medical offers a full line of Hospital Disinfectants and Clean Room Supplies, such as Sunset Healthcare Solutions' CPAP Cleaning Wipes.
How to Use Cidex OPA Video (4:03 minutes)
Part II Video
Manuals and Documents