Customers Also Bought
Long the standard for rapid, high-level disinfectant used in hospitals and healthcare facilities, CIDEX OPA Solution is ideal for reprocessing sensitive and semi-critical equipment such as flexible endoscopes. Part of the Johnson & Johnson family, CIDEX OPA Solution is glutaraldehyde-free (0.55% ortho-phthalaldehyde). It achieves high-level disinfection in five minutes (at 20 degrees C) via automated reprocessing systems or 12 minutes after manual cleaning and soaking.
Powerful -- yet gentle on common medical-grade materials. It provides broad-spectrum activity against bacteria (e.g., Mycobacterium tuberculosis), viruses (e.g., HIV-1) and all fungi. CIDEX OPA Solution boasts universal acceptance by highly regarded U.S. governmental agencies such as the FDA and CDC, making it the first choice for instrument reprocessing.
This solution is reusable for up to 14 days; to monitor the solution's efficacy during reuse, CIDEX OPA Test Strips are also available and sold separately.
Product Features and Benefits:
- Fast Turnaround -- High-level disinfection within five minutes (automated processing) or 12 minutes (manual reprocessing).
- Cost-effective -- Packaged in economical gallon jugs, the solution is reusable for up to 14 days (monitor with CIDEX Test Strips, item number 20392 - sold separately). The medical disinfectant boasts a 75-day shelf life after opening and a two-year shelf life when unopened.
- Safe for Personnel -- Low-vapor formula is ready-to-use. The no-mix solution not only expedites reprocessing, but also limits risk of accidents (e.g., improper mixing).
- Environmentally Friendly -- can be disposed down drains, per local regulations, because it oxidizes with water and converts into carbon dioxide.
- Gentle on Instruments -- This disinfectant solution can be used on common medical-grade materials such as aluminum, brass, copper, silicone rubber and stainless steel.
- Product numbers: 20390 (gallon jugs) and 20392 (Test Strips)
- Liquid color: Light blue
- Use: Manufacturer recommends wearing eye protection and chemical-resistant gloves
- Solubility: Water-soluble
How to Use Cidex OPA Video (4:03 minutes)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Johnson & Johnson Sub Brand Cidex
- Manuals & Documents
Increase Speed and Efficiency
- Rapid 5-minute immersion time at a minimum of 25C in an automatic endoscope reprocessor*
- Efficient 12-minute soak time at room temperature (20C) for manual reprocessing
- Schedule more procedures with quick scope turnaround
- Improve staff productivity
- Effective against glutaraldehyde-resistant mycobacteria3
- Reprocesses more devices per gallon than glutaraldehyde
- No activation or mixing required
- For use in both automated and manual reprocessing
- 2-year shelf life and 75-day open-bottle shelf life
- Virtually odorless due to low vapor pressure
- No special vents or air monitors required
Reduced instrument damage and repair
- Offers unsurpassed material compatibility
- Gentler on flexible scopes than peracetic acid
Most studies conducted have concluded that the vapor pressure of CIDEX OPA Solution is undetectable at room temperature.
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Shipping & Returns
Based on your history