MedELert Locking Automatic Pill Dispenser with Alarm notifications is a compact medication management device used to help individuals and caregivers monitor and track medication administration. As many as half of all medicating patients do not adhere to their scheduled prescription medication requirements, resulting in more than $100 billion spent each year on avoidable hospitalizations. Improved adherence to medication dosages at the prescribed intervals can lead to improvements in health outcomes and reductions in health care spending.
Med-E-Lert Pill Dispenser offers several advantages over the standard pill box or other medication organizers. The MedELert is secured and tamper-proof with a locking system that is activated by a metal key. This added security helps to avoid over-medication, protecting Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s patients. This tablet dispenser features 6 customizable alarms that include three different alarm tones and a blinking light to alert patients when medication should be taken. These alarms and alerts do not turn off until the timed pill dispenser is tilted on its side to dispense the medicine.
Med-E-Lert comes with 28 compartments to offer many dosing combinations. Choose from six different rings to insert into the tray to indicate the day of the week or the time of day for timed medications. This pill box organizer is a medicine box that aids patients and caregivers in preventing over- or under-dosing.
- Electronic Medication Dispenser
- Clear Cover
- Solid Cover
- 6 Printed Rings
- 4 Batteries
- Metal Locking Key
Medication Dosing Combinations
- Once daily medication dispensed for 28 days
- Twice daily medication dispensed for 14 days
- Three times daily medication dispensed for 9 days
- Four times daily medication dispensed for 7 days
- Five times daily medication dispensed for 5 days
- Six times daily medication dispensed for 4 days
Pill Holder Features & Benefits
- Electronic pill dispenser
- Locking automatic pill dispenser
- Medication reminder and automated pill dispenser combo
- Ideal for both in-home care and for caregiver facilities
- Medicine dispenser with 28 medication compartments
- Up to 6 customizable alarms/alerts
- Easy to program with only three buttons
- Tamper-proof locking key system helps to prevent over-medication
- Timer and alerts helps ensure medication compliance
- Interchangeable solid and clear covers
- Solid lid obscures contents from view
- Transparent lid cover provides observation of individual pill compartments
- Reduces the need for caregivers to distribute medication
- 3 loud alarm tones
- Flashing red LED alert when it is dosage time
- Medicine dispenser
- May be used for organizing and administering nutritional supplements
- Low battery alert ensures you don't miss your medications due to a low battery
- Removable scheduling rings signal when doses should occur
- Offers medication adherence in elderly patients
- Best automatic pill dispenser
Medicine Organizer Specifications
- Product Number: MEDELERT
- Diameter: 7.5 Inch (with hinge: 8.5 Inch)
- Height: 1.85 Inch
- Weight: 1.35 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 lbs
- Shipping Dimensions: 8.75 x 7.75 x 2.5 Inch
- Application: 28 day pill organizer and timed dispenser
- HCPCS Code: A9270
- Brand: ActiveForever
- Cutler, D. M., & Everett, W. (2010). Thinking outside the pillbox—medication adherence as a priority for health care reform. New England Journal of Medicine, 362(17), 1553-1555.
- MacLaughlin, E. J., Raehl, C. L., Treadway, A. K., Sterling, T. L., Zoller, D. P., & Bond, C. A. (2005). Assessing medication adherence in the elderly. Drugs & aging, 22(3), 231-255.
- Hayes, T. L., Larimer, N., Adami, A., & Kaye, J. A. (2009). Medication adherence in healthy elders: small cognitive changes make a big difference. Journal of aging and health, 21(4), 567-580.
- Zeller, A., Schroeder, K., & Peters, T. J. (2007). Electronic pillboxes (MEMS) to assess the relationship between medication adherence and blood pressure control in primary care. Scandinavian journal of primary health care, 25(4), 202-207.
Manuals and Documents
- Product Manual offers detailed product instructions.
- Product Instructions contains operation information.
- Cover Exchange Procedure has a step-by-step outline with images of replacing the cover on the Med-E-Lert.
MedELert Automatic Pill Dispenser Video (1:11 minutes)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Active Forever Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!