Pediatric wheelchairs are often designed to be size adjustable as the child grows. The Kanga TS Pediatric Tilt-In-Space Wheelchair, by Drive Medical, provides such features for adjustments and then some. With its unique ability to tilt a range of 45 degrees, this lightweight pediatric wheelchair is a worthy investment for parents or caregivers who need the best stability and options to care for a young person with mobility needs.
The Kanga TS Pediatric Tilt-In-Space Wheelchair offers the young wheelchair user versatility with an economical seating system that includes a depth-adjustable seat, a five-point harness, a depth-adjustable abductor, hip guides, lateral supports, a curved headrest and more. The Kanga frame accommodates most custom rehab seating and positioning systems. With the ability to tilt, this Drive Medical wheelchair will eliminate the need for elevation support. The tilt is a safety feature to keep the child from sliding forward, potentially preventing a fall.
The chair includes swing-away, height adjustable footrests with foot and ankle positioner. The frame is supported by 20 inch semi-pneumatic, quick-release wheels. It comes with curb-assisting levers, anti-tipper, and assistance handlebars with brake levers for superb stability and control. And for compact transport and storage, the Kanga folds closed.
One of the greatest selling features this model has is a built-in growth frame that is width adjustable. The frame will support weight up to 200 pounds and comes with a limited lifetime warranty through Drive Medical.
Kanga TS Pediatric Tilt-In-Space Wheelchair Features and Benefits
- This pediatric wheelchair is made for a growing child so it is width adjustable.
- It includes 20 inch rear semi-pneumatic, quick-release wheels.
- It has 6 inches of adjustable seat depth.
- It has angle adjustable plastic foot plates.
- Its angled seat is to prevent forward sliding.
- The tilt adjust allows safe transport to keep the user from sliding forward and off the chair.
- it is crash tested and meets bus transit requirements.
- It has curb assist levers.
- It is durable and the frame is made of lightweight aluminum.
- It folds for easy transport.
- The frame accommodates most custom rehab seating and positioning systems.
- It has height adjustable anti-tippers.
- The height adjustable push handles come with a brake lever.
- It includes height and angle adjustable flip-back armrests.
- The swing-away foot rests have heel and toe loops.
- The Tilt-in-Space has a range of 45 degrees of tilt.
Kanga TS Pediatric Tilt-In-Space Wheelchair Components
- Five-Point Harness
- Depth Adjustable Abductor
- Hip Guides
- Lateral Supports
- Curved Headrest
Kanga TS Pediatric Tilt-In-Space Wheelchair Specifications
- Product Numbers: KG 1000, KG 1200, and KG 1400
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Product Weight Capacity: 200 lbs
- Product Dimensions:
- Length: 37
- Width: 18
- Height: 36
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Drive Medical Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!