Customers Also Bought
Drive Poly-Fly Wheelchair Overview
The Poly-Fly wheelchair is a versatile hybrid wheelchair with both standard, self-propelled and easy transport capabilities. Always attached are two sets of 8-inch wheels that function for transport purposes. This mode is for when a second person will be pushing the wheelchair as the user will not be able to push the wheels themselves. Smaller wheels both make the wheelchair much lighter and easier to fit into tighter spaces, both ideal features for day trips. Removing the large wheels can also make the wheelchair easier to store and transport in a vehicle. Detachable 24-inch wheels are also included for standard wheelchair use when the user wants to push themselves at home or out and about.
The Poly-Fly lightweight transport/wheelchair combo includes anti-tippers and swing-away footrests for added safety. In addition, leg rests are elevated for user comfort. This product comes in a classic back color and is supplied with a durable nylon upholstery. The frame is a light silver color to create an attractive contrast. This frame is made out of made out of a lightweight but sturdy and long-lasting aluminum. Three sizes are available:
- Drive Medical TR16: 16" W x 16" D
- Drive Medical TR18: 18" W x 16" D
- Drive Medical TR20: 20" W x 16" D
Why Choose the Poly-Fly Lightweight Wheelchair?
This wheelchair is a great option for users who are interested in the following all-in-one features and capabilities:
- An enduring, dependable, and versatile wheelchair.
- Optional self-propel action.
- Optional 24-inch wheel removal for lightweight and easy transportation.
- Swing away footrests and anti-tippers for added safety and convenience.
Poly-Fly Wheelchair User Guide
To open the chair:
- Tilt the chair to one side.
- Press the seat rails down.
- Lift the backrest up until it locks into position.
To attach the footrests:
- Locate the pegs on the front legs of the wheelchair.
- Line up the holes on the footrest arms with the pegs and attach.
To adjust the footrests:Note: The lowest part of the footrest should be at least 2 1/2 inches above the ground at all times. This margin is needed so the wheelchair has plenty of clearance space.
- Locate the adjustment/lock knobs on the footrest legs.
- Release the adjustment/lock knob.
- Adjust as necessary.
- Retighten tightly and securely.
Poly-Fly Wheelchair (3:03 minutes)
Product Cleaning and Maintenance
Regular maintenance of this item is an essential element of a long wheelchair lifespan.
- Use a mild soap and water to wash the upholstery. Dry right away.
- Clean the chair frame with a non-abrasive, fresh cloth at least once a week.
- Use a damp cloth to clean the tires from time to time.
- Use an auto wax to polish the frame once a month.
- Self-inspect your wheelchair regularly to ensure proper function and condition.
- Always dry the chair right away if it gets wet.
- Inspect the wheels and their function at least once every month. If there is side play, locate the axle's lock nut. Loosen the lock nut. Tighten the axle just enough to correct the side play.
- If the tires become badly worn or crack, replace them immediately.
- Bring this chair into a qualified repair center or dealer for regular repair inspection.
- In the case that upholstery tears, replace it as soon as possible for safety. If it rips the chair may no longer be able to support the user.
Poly-Fly Wheelchair Parts
- This product is not safe for use as a seat in a vehicle.
- Stepping on the footplates while in the process of a transfer may result in the wheelchair being tipped over.
Getting into or out of the chair
- The front casters must be in the positioned to the front. Always lock the back wheels.
- Leaning is not advised as it can cause the chair to tip over.
- Ask for assistance and make sure the casters are in the forward position if leaning is necessary.
- When picking something up from the floor, ride forward so you are in front of the object and then wheel backwards so the casters flip forward before picking it up.
- Correct ramp use techniques should be used whenever in a wheelchair. Some techniques will be specific to the user's individual needs and abilities.
- Talk to a qualified professional and healthcare practitioner about the safest ways to navigate ramps.
- DecPac Tri-Fold Ramp: A versatile and easily-transportable wheelchair ramp that can be used for entering a vehicle or home.
- Duro-Med Transfer Board: A sturdy, plastic board for transferring patients into and out of their wheelchair, commode, and bed.
- ErgoActives LightBaum Flashlight: An LED flashlight that snaps onto wheelchairs and mobility aids.
- eWheels EW-M50 Scooter: A long-distance scooter with four-wheel drive and extended range. This scooter is easily collapsible for Transport.
- Lumex Patient Lift: A manual, hydraulic patient lift by Graham Field. This lift is made out of durable steel, comes in a welcoming blue color, and has a 400 lb weight capacity.
- NYOrtho Foam and Gel Wheelchair Cushion: A wheelchair cushion built for relieving pressure and increasing patient comfort. This cushion is embedded with both high-density foam and dual-chambered gel.
- Manufacturer: Medline
- Brand: Poly-Fly
- Item Number: TR16, TR18, TR20
- Application: Mobility Aid
- Type: Wheelchair
- Style: Standard and Transport Convertible
- Frame Color: Silver
- Seat Color: Black
- Legrests: Swing-Away
- Frame Material: Aluminum
- Upholstery: Nylon
- Height (w/ 24 Inch Wheels): 37 Inch
- Width Open (w/ 24 Inch Wheels): 24.5 Inch (TR16), 26.5 Inch (TR18), 29 Inch (TR20)
- Width Closed (w/ 24 Inch Wheels): 12 Inch
- Length (w/ Riggings): 42 Inch
- Seat to Floor Height: 19.5 Inch
- Seat Width: 16 Inch (TR16), 18 Inch (TR18), 20 Inch (TR20)
- Seat Depth: 16 Inch
- Back Height: 16 Inch
- Front Wheel Size: 8 Inch
- Back Transport Wheel Size: 8 Inch
- Back Standard Wheel Size: 24 Inch
- Weight (w/ 24 Inch Wheels): 33 lbs (TR16), 34 lbs (TR18), 36 lbs (TR20)
- Shipping Weight: 38 lbs (TR16), 39 lbs (TR18), 41 lbs (TR20)
- Weight Capacity: 250 lbs
This product comes with a Drive Medical lifetime limited warranty. Non-durable parts are not included under this coverage. These include casters, grips, and rubber parts. This warranty covers damage caused by the manufacturer and does not cover typical wear and tear or customer negligence or misuse of this product.
Manuals and Documents
- Wheelchair Manual contains use and care instructions.
- Catalog Page contains wheelchair specifications.
- Wheelchair Diagram contains a parts diagram.
- PDAC contains model number and HCPCS code.
The Poly Fly Wheelchair, the Best Travel Wheelchair (3:27 minutes)
Vitality Medical items can be returned and the full cost refunded in the case of a shipping error. However, if the wrong address was given, Vitality Medical is not responsible. Eligible returns must be in new and unsealed condition. Returns must be made within 30 days of purchase. To return an item, first have the return authorization number ready. Fora a full list of instructions and direction to our returns page, click here.
Warning: The items and packaging in this shipment contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. This product meets or exceeds all federal safety and environmental regulations.
- Additional Information