Ethicon's ENDOPATH XCEL Universal Sleeve is an endoscopic universal surgical instrument that makes insertions easier, less invasive and safer for patients and surgeons during procedures. With as many as six key features that can help make the procedure safer, the Universal Sleeve will be considered one of the key pieces you'll need in any office setting.
The universal sleeve begins at the top with a durable seal and a funnel lead in for smoother control and instrument entry. The seal ensures the user that a reducer cap will not be needed in order to properly control the trocar and can reduce drag by up to 24 percent, leading to better and safer insertions prior to instrument entry. The funneled lead-in allows you hold the instrument with one hand, allowing you to do the insertion with the free hand in order to perform your procedure. To finish out the top end, a quick-release and easy-to-access lever allows the user to remove a larger portion of material if necessary. A recessed stopcock valve lessens the chance of an inadvertent opening or closing of the valve mid-procedure.
The shaft of the sleeve is complete with low-profile housing and an integrated stability thread design for optimal instrumental use and minimal abdominal scarring. The low-profile tube allows the surgeon to get further instrumental reach during their procedure, which takes out any guesswork on the user's end during insertions. The stabile thread design ensures the trocar will stay in place during surgery and won't slip out at any time. Once the procedure is complete, the user can simply and gently pull the trocar from the top until completely removed. The smooth tip assures little to no bleeding from the site and causes minimal scarring on the patient.
The sleeves are available in three diameters and two shaft lengths for convenience. Each box contains six single-use trocars.
Product Features and Benefits
- Safer, Less Invasive Entry During Procedures
- Durable Seal Ensures no Reducer Cap Needed
- Reduced Drag for Safer Instrument Insertion
- Funneled Lead in for Single-Handed Usage
- Quick Release Lever to Remove Larger Pieces
- Recessed Stop Cock Valve Avoids Openings
- Low Profile Tube for Further Instrument Reach
- Stability Thread Design to Reduce Slip-Outs
- Easy-Grip Handle for More Reliable Removal
- Smoother Tip Ensures Little or No Bleeding
- Causes Minimal Scarring to the Patient
- Three Diameters, Two Lengths to Choose From
- Manufacturer: Ethicon
- Brand: Endopath XCEL
- Available Diameters: 5 mm, 11mm, 12 mm
- Sleeve Type: Stability
- Universal Seal: Yes
- OPTIVIEW Camera: No
- Available Lengths: 75 mm, 100 mm
- Units per Box: 6 (Six)
- Endoscope Fitting: 0-Degree
- Product Codes: CB5LT, CB5ST, CB11LT, CB12LT
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!