Customers Also Bought
Endopath XCEL Dilating Tip Trocar with OPTIVIEW Technology is a sterile, single patient use instrument with a radiolucent sleeve and bladeless obturator that's perfect for surgical procedures. Its main purpose is designed around reducing any smudging that can build up with the endoscope. Its ability to wipe, wick and absorb fluid in order to keep the area clean of debris saves the user precious time that's typically taken up by multiple reinsertions.
The Xcel Dilating Tip's bladeless obturator contains a clear, tapered optical element that's available in five and 12 millimeter diameters. The obturator is able to accommodate a zero-degree endoscope and is able to provide some visibility of individual tissue layers as it is being inserted. OPTIVIEW's technology is able to keep fluids away from the camera during reinsertions. This will minimize the amount of interruptions, preserve procedure flow and keep surgery flow at an optimal pace.
The trocar's seal is universal, which means a universal cap is not needed. It's also able to maintain insufflation and accommodate instrument sizes ranging from 4.7 - 12.9 millimeters; a very broad range for the instrument type. The integrated stability thread design is able to maximize wall retention on the abdomen and minimizes slip-outs, avoiding any possible injuries. Endopath's OPTIVIEW technology will reduce the buildup in the trocar's housing, to reduce camera smudges. At the insertion point is a blade shield that protects the internal structure from damage during insertion. The dilating tips contain a sharp, flat blade that will leave a smaller post-surgical scar on the abdomen compared to other instruments such as pyramid-shaped trocer.
The Endopath XCEL with OPTIVIEW is available in five and 12 millimeter diameters as well as 75, 100 and 150 millimeter lengths for the optimum choice. Each box contains six trocars. Other trocar options include Bladeless Trocars, to Trocars withStability Sleeves or a Universal Trocar.
Product Features and Benefits
- Sterile to Optimize Single Patient Usage
- Designed to Reduce or Get Rid of Lens Smudge
- Clean Lens Eliminates Multiple Reinsertions
- Will Reduce Instrument Wipes, Saving Time
- Wipes, Wicks and Absorbs any Fluid Build Up
- Dilating Tip Reduces Post-Surgery Scarring
- Most Compatible with 0-Degree Endoscopes
- Cleaner Entry Means Reduced Site Herniation
- Universal Seal Reduces the Need for a Cap
- Maintains Insufflation for a Variety of Sizes
- Integrated Stability Thread Design for Retention
- Minimal Trocar Slip-Outs for Little Skin Damage
- Manufacturer: Ethicon
- Available Diameters: 5 mm, 12 mm
- Sleeve Type: Stability
- Tip Type: Dilating
- Universal Seal: Yes
- OPTIVIEW Camera: Yes
- Instrument Range: 4.7 - 12.9 mm
- Available Lengths: 75 mm, 100 mm, 150 mm
- Product Codes: 2D5LT, 2D5ST, 2D12LT, 2D12XT
- Product Brochure highlights the features of optiview technology.
- Product Fact Sheet discussed smudge mitration.
- Product Portfolio displays and discusses the trocars options.
XCEL Dilating Tip Trocar Usage Review Video (1:31 minutes)
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!