Customers Also Bought
FreeStyle Comfort Portable Oxygen Concentrator Overview
The Caire FreeStyle Comfort Portable Oxygen Concentrator makes travel and activity outside the home comfortable and easy. The FreeStyle Comfort weighs only five pounds and is designed with a slight curve for an ergonomic contour to the body as it is held. This Portable Oxygen Concentrator comes with a convenient carry bag with a non-slip shoulder strap so it can be held confidently in place while shopping or traveling. For avid travelers, the FreeStyle Comfort Oxygen Concentrator is FAA-certified to be used onboard in a commercial aircraft.
The interface of this device is easy to operate with simple, one-touch technology to start the device. With the increase (+) or decrease (-) flow buttons, the user chooses a pulse dose setting that ranges from 1 to 5. Within minutes, the device begins to deliver the oxygen with a maximum output reaching 1050 mL per minute at setting 5. Caire uses the latest pulse dose technology called UltraSense, which matches the user's breathing rate to ensure the oxygen delivery is efficient by delivering oxygen at the beginning of the breath.
The Caire Freestyle Comfort Portable Concentrator is exceptionally quiet. In terms of sound level generated, at setting 2 the concentrator reaches a sound level of 43 dBA, which is quieter than normal conversation. No one will notice this concentrator as it runs. This is an especially important feature if the user plans to use the device overnight or while watching TV or is noise sensitive.
How it Works
Oxygen concentrators like this one take air from the surrounding area, purify it into a form that is more readily accepted by the body (removing nitrogen and pollutants) and concentrate it for immediate delivery into the body. This device delivers one of the highest flow rates of any portable and wearable oxygen concentrator unit on the market.
Features and Benefits
- Intuitive and Easy to Use
- Only Five Pounds - Weighs as Much as a Purse
- Only Ten Inches Tall
- Ideal for Use at Home and Abroad
- Eliminates Heavy Tanks/Cylinders
- Five Pulse Oxygen Flow Settings
- Curved Shape Hugs the User for Comfort
- Increases O2 Output if User Stops Breathing
- UltraSense Technology Matches Breath Rate
- Noise Output is 43 Decibels at Setting 2
- Digital LCD Screen
- Glow in the Dark Keypad
- Variety of Battery Options
- 4 - 8 Hour Battery Life
- 1050 mL Maximum Output
- Wireless Connectivity Offered
- FAA Approved for In-Flight Operation
FreeStyle Comfort Product Feature Video (2:43 minutes)
What Comes in the Box?
- Oxygen Concentrator
- Cannula (7-Foot)
- AC/DC Power Supply
- Rechargeable Battery (Four-Hour)
- Transport Bag
- Shoulder Strap
- User Manual
- 3-Year Limited Warranty
Additional Optional Accessories
- Backpack-Style Carry Case
- Carry Bag
- 8-Cell Backup Battery Pack (Four Hours of Use)
- 16-Cell Backup Battery Pack (Eight Hours of Use)
- Spare Battery Charger
- AC Input Cable
Caire Freestyle Comfort Concentrator Battery Information
The interface screen of the Freestyle Comfort Oxygen Concentrator clearly displays flow setting and remaining battery life so it's always clear when it's time to either charge the battery or change out the battery. The battery pack easily slides into the bottom housing when changing it out. It may also be charged using the provided AC and DC power cords. Battery life lasts up to 4.25 hours at pulse setting 2 and up to 8.5 hours with the double 16 cell, so users will have plenty of time for shopping trips, doctor's visits, and visits to friend and family homes without being tied down to one spot.
The FreeStyle Comfort POC is available in three options so users can choose the battery type they prefer:
- The AS200-1 takes one 8-cell battery.
- The AS200-101 is double capacity and uses a 16-cell battery.
- The AS200-201 uses two 8-cell batteries.
Each battery type is certified up to 300 cycles and comes with a one-year warranty. For additional batteries, check out the Freestyle Comfort Accessories page.
Who Would Find this Product Useful?
These devices are used by patients who cannot get enough oxygen without external assistance and who have low blood oxygen concentration levels (60 mmHg or lower). Users with the following conditions may need a portable oxygen concentrator:
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Cystic Fibrosis
- COPD - Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Heart Failure
- Lung Disease
- Respiratory System Trauma
- Sleep Apnea
If symptoms related to these conditions arise, such as a quickened heart rate, shortness of breath, accelerated breathing, and wheezing or coughing, see a doctor immediately. Oxygen concentrators can only be obtained with a prescription.
- Caire Replacement Filters: Intake and outtake filters for the Freestyle 3 and 5.
- Companion 5: A five liter oxygen concentrator with OCIS monitoring, a humidifier bottle stand, and audible alarms. This product is for home use.
- iGo2: A popular alternative portable oxygen concentrator by Drive-Devilbiss.
- Elite Pulse Oximeter: A non-invasive way to track and measure blood oxygen saturation levels. This pulse oximeter can be used for children and adults, has four modes of use, and has a thirty hour battery life.
- AirLife Oxygen Tubing: This top seller tubing is green in color and comes in 14, 25, and 50 foot lengths. Its green color makes it more visible so it is less likely to be tripped over by users, their family members, and visitors.
Product Care and Use Instructions
It is important to note that a fully charged battery will deplete when installed, even when the unit is unused. Always remove the battery from the concentrator and store it in either its original packaging or by insulating terminals to prevent short circuits. Keep stored in a safe location away from children, moisture, and heat.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- The air intake filters must be changed weekly.
- To clean, never spray directly with cleaner or water. Use a damp sponge or cloth (do not soak) to wipe the device and components down.
- Any maintenance that must be completed by opening the device and altering internal components must be done by a trained service technician.
FreeStyle Comfort Out Of The Box (6:50 minutes)
Caire Freestyle Comfort Troubleshooting
- Ensure the device doesn't need a new filter.
- To initiate test mode: After switching the power on, press the "+" and "-" buttons in the following order: "+ + - - + - + -." Do this within a five second span of time as the sequence will not be read correctly by the machine otherwise. The screen will now have a red border and an alarm will sound to let the user know test mode has been properly initiated.
- Let the machine run in test mode for several minutes and then test the oxygen concentration. It should be at 90% oxygen+5.5%-3%.
- Use a liquid leak-test solution to ensure there are no tubing leaks. Start at the compressor and end at the oxygen outlet. Be careful not to get it on the circuit board. If leaks are found, tighten the offending areas.
- Do not start using the device until it is out of test mode. Turn the unit off and back on to exit test mode.
- See the user manual at the bottom of this page for a troubleshooting table.
Discover the Clinical Benefits of CAIRE's FreeStyle Comfort Oxygen Concentrator (2:40 minutes)
Expand your comfort zone with the FreeStyle Comfort Portable Oxygen Concentrator (1:00 minutes)
FreeStyle Comfort Portable Oxygen Concentrator Animation Technology Video (3:36 minutes)
Manuals and Documents
This device includes a three-year warranty.
CAIRE lnc.'s logo, text, graphics, and photo images are the property of CAIRE Inc. and are used with permission. Copyright© 2020.
- Stubblefield, Heaven. Oxygen Therapy. 2017.
- Additional Information
Additional InformationWhat's in the Box?
Weight/Dimensions w/ Single 8-Cell Battery
- FreeStyle ComfortYes
- Battery ChoiceYes
- Carry Bag and StrapYes
- AC & DC Power CordYes
- User ManualYes
Weight/Dimensions w/ Double 16-Cell Battery
- Width7.3 Inch
- Length10 Inch
- Weight5 lbs.
- Depth3.1 Inch
- Width7.3 Inch
- Length11 Inch
- Depth3.1 Inch
- Depth6 lbs.
- Output Flow210 - 1050 ml/min
- No. of Oxygen Flow Pulse Dose Settings5
- Oxygen Concentration90% (+5.5% / -3%)
- Maximum Outlet Pressure30 PSI
- Operating Altitude-1250 to 10,000 Feet
Manufacturer and Warranty
- AC Power Consumption100–240 VAC, 50-60Hz
- DC Power Consumption11–18 VDC
- Noise43 dBA at Setting 2
- Operating Temperature41-104 Degrees F
- Operating Humidity-15-95% Relative Humidity
- Warm Up Time2 Minutes
- Rechargeable Battery Type8 or 16 Cell
- Battery Life at Setting 2Up to 4 Hrs (8 Cell) Up to 8 Hours (16 Cell)
- Concentrator Warranty3 Years
- Battery and Charging Cords1 Year
Shipping & Returns
Leaves Warehouse: 1-2 business days - More details
Economy Shipping: Guaranteed 7-10 business days
Refer to our returns policy for more information.