Customers Also Bought
Nebulizer machines are often quite varied with their level of output and options. The 50 PSI Compressor, by Drive Medical, is a robust compressor that delivers nebulization aerosol at a variable strength rate. It can also provide straight humidification for the user. This ultra powerful machine is the workhorse among Drive Medical Nebulizers and will provide years worth of respiratory therapy.
The 50 PSI Compressor is designed for efficient, continuous high-pressure delivery. It will provide humidification, while also having the ability to deliver high-pressure nebulization of viscous medications -- output pressures with what clinical studies have indicated are required for optimal particle size (2 microns or less). The compressor is also quiet due to the uniquely designed WOB-L piston. It has a regulator with 5 settings to adjust the PSI output -- from 0-50 PSI.
This machine is lightweight despite the powerful compressor it houses. It is durable and easy to clean and has a removable door that protects the internal components. It is holds a one year limited warrant through Drive Medical.
According to Drive Medical's user manual, this nebulizer compressor is compatible with the following medical devices:
- Hand-Held Nebulizer System
- Heated Nebulizer
- Dual Action Humidifier/Nebulizer
- Pediatric Mist Tent
- High Output Pneumatic Nebulizer
- Deluxe Nebulizer with Oxygen Diluter
- Child/Adult Mist Tent
Initial Position and Installation
- Choose an Area Near a Standard Power Outlet
- Place the Unit out from the Wall, Controls Facing the User for Easy Access
- Verify that the Unit is Off
- Plug the Power Chord into the Outlet
- Make Sure that all Connections Are Tight without Any Leaks
- Place the Unit Outside of any Mist Tents Below the Discharge End of the Tubing
- Switch the Power on Using the On/Off Button
- Connect the Attachments You Will Be Using
- Alter the Pressure of the Compressor to Match What You Need
- Verify the Pressure Level
- Always Use a Grounded Power Outlet
- Unplug the Unit to Disconnect from Power
- Do Not Use the Unit with Ventilators
- Dispose Worn-out or Damaged Units According to Regulations
- Keep Away from Aerosols
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Always Disconnect from the Power Before Performing Maintenance
- Change Out the Intake Filter (Do Not Wash Used Filters)
- Change Out the Cabinet Filter
- Use a Clean Cloth to Disinfect the Cabinet as Needed
- Caution Do not submerge in water. Water will damage the vacuum pump.
Product Features and Benefits
- Easy-to-read pressure gauge.
- Optimizes medication delivery by aerosolizing to a particle size of 2 microns or less.
- Ultra-powerful compressor is for both humidification and high-flow, high-pressure nebulization of viscous medication.
- Easy to operate with intuitive controls.
- Easy to clean
- Comes with a removable access door that protects the internal components.
- Manufacturer Number: 18450
- Width: 10.5 Inch
- Depth: 15 Inch
- Height: 18 Inch
- Weight: 17.2 lbs
- Flowrate Pressure Range: 0 to 50 PSI
- Power Consumption: 170 W at 0 PSI
- Sound: >60 dBA
- Electrical Requirements: 115VAC and 60Hz (Standard U.S. Home Electrical Outlets)
- Operating Relative Humidity: 95 Percent
- Operating Temperature Range: 50 Degrees Fahrenheit to 104 Degrees Fahrenheit
- HCPCS Code: E0565
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited
Manuals and Documents
- Product Catalog Page contains features and benefits.
- Product User Manual provides setup and operating instructions.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A