Other Tegaderm product(s)
- Tegaderm Film 1620 | 2-3/8 x 2-3/4 by 3M
- Tegaderm Film 1624W 2-1/8 x 2-3/4 by 3M
- Tegaderm Film 1626W | 4 x 4-3/4 by 3M
- Tegaderm Film 1622W | 1-3/4 x 1-3/4 by 3M
- Tegaderm Film 1629 | 8 x 12 by 3M
- Tegaderm Film 1621 | 4 x 4-3/4 by 3M
- Tegaderm Film 1626 | 4 x 4-3/4 by 3M
- Tegaderm HP 9534HP | 2-3/8 x 2-3/4 by 3M
- 3M Tegaderm CHG IV Securement Dressing
- Tegaderm +Pad 3582 | 2 x 2-3/4 by 3M
- Tegaderm 1633 IV Border Dressing | 2-3/4 x 3-1/4 by 3M
- Tegaderm Foam Adhesive Dressing by 3M Health Care
Customers Also Bought
Frame Style Tegaderm Film Dressing is manufactured by 3M and offer patients and caregivers wound observation without removing the dressing. Tegaderm transparent film is designed for protecting skin and wound sites. The framed bandage is constructed with a thin film backing of non-latex, hypoallergenic adhesive on the border of the dressing for adherence around the wound site. These breathable dressings allow oxygen and moisture vapor exchange while keeping contaminants out.
Tegaderm Framed Transparent Film Dressings are waterproof and impermeable to liquids, bacteria, and viruses. These dressings protect the site from outside contamination. Laboratory tests have shown Tegaderm as an effective barrier against HIV-1 and HBV. The Frame Style Dressing allows customization of shape and size to fit any site. The unique sacral shape is designed for challenging and difficult-to-dress areas. This film dressing is a breathable barrier that keeps liquids, bacteria and other contaminates out while allowing the skin to function normally. The dressing serves also as a waterproof, bacterial and viral barrier to outside contaminants, allowing the patient to shower. The breathable film allows moisture vapor and oxygen exchange while providing a moist wound environment for enhanced healing.
3M Tegaderm Frame Transparent Film may be used for the following applications: maintain a moist environment to promote healing, secure devices to the skin, treat stage I and II pressure ulcers, wound covering, and protect at-risk skin. Other Transparent Dressings carried by Vitality Medical include the HP Transparent, Clear Acrylic, Silver Alginate, Foam Non-Adhesive, and the +Pad.
Listed below are each of the Tegaderm Frame Dressings by product number along with profile images. Please note that product numbers with a "W" after the number indicates that the dressing has a writing label added to the border of the dressing to facilitate noting the date of application or anything else the caregiver or patient may want to annotate.
Square Framed Bandages
Rectangle Framed Dressings
Octagon Framed Bandage
Features & Benefits
- Reduced application time.
- Gentle and comfortable.
- Waterproof and absorbent.
- Tegaderm Film allows maximum versatility and can be cut to any shape and size.
- Dressings conform to the body and flex with skin for greater patient comfort.
- Transparent dressings allow easy monitoring of wounds without the need to remove the dressing.
- Reinforced notches reduce mechanical stress from heavy catheters.
- Sterile tape strips enhance securing of catheters or IV’s.
- Polyurethane film is thin for better contour over high-profile devices.
- Waterproof, sterile dressing cannot become saturated during bathing or showering.
- Transparent, breathable and impermeable to liquids, viruses and bacteria.
- Product Numbers: 1622W, 1624W, 1626, 1626W, 1627, 1628, 1629, 1630, 1634, 9505W, 9506W.
- Sizes: 1.75 x 1.75 Inch, 2.125 x 2.75 Inch, 4 x 4.75 Inch, 4 x 10 Inch, 6 x 8 Inch, 8 x 12 Inch, 4 x 4.5 Inch, 2.375 x 2.75 Inch.
- Shapes: Square, Rectangle, Octagon.
- Application: Transparent Film Dressing.
- Materials: Silicone coated paper liner, polyethylene-cellulose silicone carrier liner, acylate polymer, urethane polymer, polyester backing, rayon backing, polyethylene film.
- Construction: Transparent film contained by 2 paper liners.
- Solubility in water: Nil.
- Fire hazard: No.
- Use: Secural and wound management.
- Latex free.
- HCPCS Code: A6257, A6258, A6259.
- Manufacturer: 3M.
- Brand: Tegaderm.
- 3M Transparent Film Bandages contains a chart of the sizes and profiles of these transparent dressings.
- Tegaderm Transparent Dressing Application Guide provides step-by-step instructions for properly applying transparent dressings.
- Tegaderm Clinical Studies offers citations to numerous studies of the advantages of this transparent film dressing.
- Winter, G.D. “ formation of the scab and rate epithelisation superficial wounds in skin young domestic pig. Nature, London 1962, 193: 293–4.
- Hinman, C.D., Maibach, H.I., Winter, G.D. “Effect of air exposure and occlusion on experimental human skin wounds.” Nature, London 1962, 200: 377–79.
- Winter, G.D., Clark, D.W. “The pig as a laboratory animal for the study of wound healing and surgical dressings.” Surgical Dressings and Wound Healing. Harkiss, K.J. ed., Bradford University Press. 1971, 61–69.
- Barnett, A., Berkowitz, R.L., Mills, R., Vistnes, L.M. “Scalp as Skin Graft Donor Site: Rapid Reuse with Synthetic Adhesive Moisture Vapor Permeable Dressings.” Journal of Trauma,1983 Feb., 23(2): 148–151.
- Sebern. “Pressure Ulcer Management in Home Health Care: Efficacy and Cost Effectiveness of Moisture Vapor Permeable Dressing.” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Vol. 67, October 1986.
- Schell, J.A., Stanutz, F., Grimm, J.“Comparison of Moisture Vapor Permeable (MVP) Dressings to Conventional Dressings for Management of Radiation Skin Reactions.” Oncology Nursing Forum, Vol. 13, No. 1, Jan/Feb 1986.
3M Tegaderm 1624W Review (1:26 minutes)
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!