Other Medipore product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Medipore H Soft Cloth Surgical Tape Overview
The new and improved 3M Medipore H Soft Cloth Surgical Tape provides even gentler and stronger adhesion than does standard Medipore and other Medical Tape brands. Because this item's adhesive is especially strong, it stays on the skin longer, which can prevent the frustration of continuous replacement and save users from wasted time and unnecessary costs. Despite its strength, this tape's extra-gentle adhesive formula greatly reduces the likelihood of irritation. It also makes this tape a perfect choice for wound dressing, catheter, or tubing securement, even when repeated applications of these items are necessary. This product is made from a soft and highly conformable non-woven polyester that is breathable, pliable, and comfortable. It stretches to move with the body in motion and accommodates swelling for pain-free wear. Medipore H Soft Cloth Medical Tape both hypoallergenic and latex-free.
Medipore H Soft Cloth Surgical Tape is designed for simple, frustration-free use. This medical tape is perforated, so it can easily be torn from its roll by hand without the need for scissors. In addition, its edges resist curling and it is designed so it is unlikely to stick to itself. These features make it easy to handle, with or without gloves.
This product is available in perforated rolls in several sizes: 1 inch x 10 (3m 2861), 2 inch x 10 yards (3M 2862), 3 inch x 10 yards (3M 2863), 4 inch x 10 yards (3M 2864), 6 inch x 10 yards (3M 2866), and 8 inch x 10 yards (3M 2868).
Features and Benefits
- Non-Woven Soft Cloth Material
- Breathable for Comfort
- Two-Way Stretchable Polyester
- Conforms to Body Contours
- Moves With Skin in Motion
- Stretches in Cases of Swelling
- Gentle Yet Strong Adhesive Backing
- Doesn't Injure Skin
- Great for Repeated Taping
- Ideal for At-Risk Skin
- Easy-Tear Roll for Easy Application
- No Scissors Necessary
- Doesn't Irritate the Skin
- Available in a Variety of Widths
- Wound dressing adhesive
- IV line and tubing securement
- Catheter securement
- Chest tube securement
- Surgical drain tube securement
- Lightweight device and tube securement
- Repeat medical tape use
- When the treated area may stretch with motion
- When the treated area may swell
- Great for surgical wounds
How Is Medipore H Different From Medipore?
They have the same non-woven, polyester backing. The difference is in the adhesive. Medipore H Tape uses an adhesive from the 3M Tegaderm Transparent Dressing family. The tape uses a thin layer of the same adhesive used on 3M Durapore Surgical tape. Although the tape has a higher level of adhesion, it is often more gentle upon repeated taping.
- More gentle
- Higher adhesion
- Latex-free and hypoallergenic for sensitive patients
- Excellent cross and diagonal stretch to accommodate moderate swelling or movement
- Easy-tear perforated rolls for quick tailoring
- Medline Adhesive Tape Remover Pads: Textured, sterile, and latex-free wipes for adhesive and tape removal. These pads come individually packaged.
- Smith & Nephew Skin-Prep Pads: Skin preparation and protective barrier pads protect the skin before use of adhesives.
- BZK Antiseptic Towelettes: Antimicrobial towels that allow users to clean and prepare skin before surgical tape use.
- 3M Durapore: A low-cost, high-strength, hypoallergenic tape with a bidirectional-tear feature.
- 3M Medipore: The original Medipore surgical tape.
- MEFIX: A fabric medical tape with gentle polyacrylate-based adhesive that comes in sheet form instead of rolls. This item can be cut-to-fit.
This product is for use as a secondary tape for securement of IV lines, tubing, and wound dressings.
How to Use Medipore H Tape
- Clean and dry the skin. The tape sticks best to clean, dry surfaces, so try to minimize moist conditions as much as possible.
- Unroll the tape, bend so perforations are easy to see, and tear along the perforated line at the desired length.
- Throughout use, touch the sticky surface of the tape as little as possible. Place the tape onto the skin. Note: The adhesive on the surgical tape is " pressure sensitive" meaning it's designed to adhere best when gentle but firm finger or hand pressure is applied to rub the tape into place.
Caution: Encircling a limb completely with tape may become hazardous to blood flow.
Read more medical tape tips here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Medipore H tape waterproof?
This product is water-resistant, but not waterproof.
Does Medipore H tape contain latex?
This tape is completely latex-free.
What is the difference between Medipore and Hypafix surgical tape?
These tapes are very similar. Both are made from non-woven polyester and are hypoallergenic and latex-free. Hypafix is waterproof while Medipore is water-resistant. Medipore is marketed as a multipurpose product, while Hypafix is marketed as a product for wound dressing attachment.
Is surgical tape breathable?
Medipore H is designed for breathability and comfort.
3M Medical Tapes Special Taping Situations (3:49 minutes)
Medical Tapes Removal Techniques by 3M (3:00 minutes)
- Manufacturer: 3M
- Brand: Medipore
- Product Numbers: 2861, 2862, 2862S, 2863, 1864, 1864S, 2866, 2868
- Type: Medical Tape
- Style: Roll
- Material Type: Non-Woven Polyester
- Color: White
- Length Options: 2, 4 Yard
- Width Options: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 Inch
- Sterility: Non-Sterile
- Water-Resistant: Yes
- Latex-Free: Yes
- Water-Resistant: Yes
- Application: Wound Care
- HCPCS Code: A4452
Manuals and Documents
- Additional Information