Vitality Medical's Student Disability Scholarship program is designed to encourage and support outstanding students who work hard and want to make a significant impact on their school and community. You do not have to be disabled in order to apply or win. There are many currently non-disabled students at universities that assist other students who are disabled or have used a disability or mobility device during their life.
The VitalityMedical.com disability scholarship fund will bestow $500 to each winner.
- Enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.
- Enrolled at the undergraduate level or your final year of high school.
- Aged sixteen (16) years or older.
- Carry a status of "good standing" (i.e. currently enrolled).
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (or equivalent).
- Postmarked by Sept 15 for the current school year.
- Applicants are not required to possess a disability.
- There is no formal application from Vitality Medical, all necessary information is on this page.
- We do not accept fax or email applications.
- Please send your application via traditional mail; express mail will not be accepted.
- No need to print this page; just send your written response and contact information.
- Do not send any CD ROMs, letters of recommendation, tax returns, bank balances, resumes or CVs.
- Please keep a digital copy in Word or similar format. We'll need a copy to put up on our site.
For our annual scholarship, please submit a visual poem, in a style of your choosing, on the theme of "how using disability aids has added vitality to your life". Limit your 'visual poem' to an 8.5 in x 11 page. It can be abstract or representational. Please include a personal statement that helps us understand who you are and how your poem relates to adding vitality to your life through disability aids. The poem and personal statement (combined) should be between 500 and 1,000 words, but feel free to write a little more or less.
Note: We will not be able to return any submissions. Submissions will become property of VitalityMedical.com. Scholarship winners will be required to provide a photo of themselves for posting to the Internet.
Send all materials to:
ATTN: Vitality Medical Scholars
7910 S 3500 E
SLC, UT 84121
Your application should include:
- Typed copy of your submission (make sure to save a digital copy, so we can publish it, in the event that we decide to publish it.)
- First & last name, email address & phone number printed at the top or back of each page.
- Statement or transcript of your Grade Point Average (GPA) - unofficial transcripts accepted.