Customers Also Bought
All four edges of the gauze pad are sealed to prevent lint residue and leaking. It also has infection protection and is highly absorbent.
The ABD pad has a Wet-Proof backing, which is a unique plastic backsheet. The moisture-proof backing retards fluid strike-through and protects both the patient and healthcare workers from fluid strike-through. In addition, this barrier on the ABD pad helps minimize exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
This ABD pad consists of three layers: a soft, outer, nonwoven layer; a fluff filler for absorbency; and a Wet-Proof barrier to prevent fluid strike-through.
The ABD gauze pad is indicated in use for:
- primary dressings: abdominal or other large incisions; large trauma sites
- secondary dressings: over heavily exudating wounds; cushioning, moisture protection
Tendersorb Wet Proof ABD Pad by Kendall is available in sterile and non-sterile. It comes in 5 x 9", 8 x 10", and 7 1/2 x 8" pads. The ABD pad is packaged for convenience in singles or boxes.
Tendersorb Wet Proof ABD Pad Features and Benefits
- Abdominal Pad Used in Wound Care
- Absorbs More Fluid Than Ordinary ABD Pads
- Fewer Dressing Changes
- All Four Edges Sealed to Prevent Leakage
- Infection Protection
- Highly Absorbent
- Wet-Proof Backing
- Protects Patient and Healthcare Worker From Fluid Strike-Through
- Helps Minimize Exposure to Blood-Borne Pathogens
- Consists of Three Layers
Tendersorb Wet Proof ABD Pad Specifications
- Available in Sterile and Non-Sterile
- 5 x 9", 8 x 10", and 7 1/2 x 8" Pads
- Packaged in Singles and Boxes
- Item Number: 8190A, 8194A, 9190A, 9192A, 9194A
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Covidien Sub Brand Tendersorb
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
Based on your history