Full-size electric wheelchairs provide the freedom and long-lasting mobility for those who need transport assistance. The Intrepid Mid-Wheel Power Wheelchair, by Drive Medical, is a fine model that offers a durable and reliable performance power chair in one package.
Almost everything on this chair is adjustable. Starting from the top of the chair, the padded backrest has an adjustable headrest to compensate taller users. The height of the chair is also adjustable. It has four setting to choose from.
Moving down the chair, the side armrest features include a flip-up feature to allow easy transfer. They are height and width adjustable and can even be removed. The controller can be fitted onto either the left or right armrest allowing you the user to operate the chair with ease, even with limited dexterity. The controller itself is programmable to customize the navigation control. This power wheelchair also has an outstanding turning radius of 18 inches, allowing the user to navigate nimbly around obstacles and corners. Coupled with the Quadra Spring suspension underneath , this Drive Medical Power Wheelchair offers a smooth, stable ride.
The footplate on this chair can be flipped up when needed. It also is easily adjusted to meet the feet at the user's level. The motor can be switched to free-wheel mode so there is no resistance if the chair needed to be physically rolled into position for transport. There are six wheels in total on this chair, the largest non-skid large wheels are placed in the middle for stability. The smaller, swivel wheels support the front and rear and are non-skid, non-marking as well.
The chair comes in three versions: the 18-inch and 20-inch chair, with both sizes available in blue, while the 20-inch wide chair is only available in red.Intrepid Mid-Wheel Features and Benefits
- The adjustable length controller mount can be attached to either the left or right armrest and can be fitted with an optional swing-away arm for additional flexibility.
- The armrests are also removable and are height and width adjustable for positioning, support and adaptability to the size of the user.
- The chair can be fitted with optional elevating leg rests (sold separately) allowing the user to travel comfortably with raised legs -- necessity for those with certain medical conditions, such as edema.
- It has an extra strong steel frame for long-lasting durability.
- It includes flat-free, non-marking tires for worry-free travel.
- The mid-wheel drive allows for a tight 18 inch turning radius, making it ideal for indoor maneuverability.
- The motor assemblies offer an easy free-wheel so the chair can be pushed into position for transport.
- The chair has a padded, flip-up armrests to provide extra room when needed.
- It includes a programmable controller with common connectors that is programmable for individuals with special requirements.
- The Quadra Spring suspension system gives the ultimate in smooth-riding stability.
- The seat swivels and features a fold-down backrest with 25 degrees of recline and an adjustable height headrest
- Seats have four height adjustments, from 20" to 23"
- Standard non-slip footplate can be flipped up out of the user's way and adjusted in both height and angle
- Standard a positioning belt for added user security.
Intrepid Mid-Wheel Power Wheelchair Specifications
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Batteries: Two 12V x 35AH
- Brakes: Electromagnetic
- Charger: 5 Amp Off board
- Climbing Angle: 6 degrees
- Controller: Dynamic A50A
- Front Wheels: 6" x 2"
- Ground Clearance: 3"
- Height: 42"
- Length: 40"
- Max Range: 20 miles
- Max Speed: 4 mph
- Motor: Two 24V x 320W x 4600rpm
- Turning Radius: 18 inch
- Rear Wheels: 10 Inch Diameter x 3 Inch Wide
- Seat Width: 24.5 Inch
- Floor to Seat Height: 20-23 Inch
- Shipping Dimensions:
- Length: 44 Inch
- Width: 26.75 Inch
- Height: 26 Inch
- Product Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
- Manufacturer Numbers: INTREPIDBL18CS (Blue 18 Inch Seat), INTREPIDBL20CS (Blue 20 Inch Seat), INTREPIDRD20CS (Red 20 Inch Seat)
- HCPCS: K0823
- Limited Lifetime on Frame;
- 14 Month Limited on Electronics, Controller and Drive Train components;
- 6 Month Limited on Battery.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Drive Medical Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!