Electric wheelchairs come with a variety of different functions to try and make it easier for the user to get around comfortably. The Cobalt X23, by Drive Medical, is such a model with a multitude of functions, but also maintains a lightweight frame and comfortable seating area for those who need the ultimate in mobility aid.This Drive Medical Power Wheelchair is a full-size chair, despite its reduced weight. It's unique to its counterpart, the Cobalt Power Wheelchair, in that it has a quick-release to aid in disassembling the frame. The chair is height adjustable from 20-23 inches and has a fold-down backrest. The armrests are padded, adjustable and removable. They will flip up to give the user more room to move if needed. The seat has a controller with mount that can be adjusted and customized to the chair user's comfort and reach.
The Cobalt X23 also includes a footplate that can be flipped up and out of the user's way and can also be adjusted in both height and angle. The Cobalt comes with a standard positioning belt and armrest-mounted reflectors for security and safety. The tires are flat-free and non-marking which offer a worry free travel and the motor assembly offers easy freewheel operation, allowing the chair to be pushed without resistance, for instances where you may need to load it onto a vehicle.
Cobalt X23 Features and Benefits
- It has an adjustable length controller mount can be affixed to either the left or right armrest and can be fitted with an optional swing-away arm (arm sold separately).
- The armrest comes with reflectors for enhanced visibility.
- The batteries are included.
- The comfortable swivel seat has a fold-down backrest.
- It includes extra-strong steel frame for lasting durability.
- The flat-free, non-marking tires offer worry-free travel.
- The flip-up footplate has an adjustable height and angle.
- The chair has full-size performance in a lightweight, easily transportable frame.
- The motor assembly includes a freewheel operation allowing the chair to be pushed, which can be helpful for transport.
- It has a programmable controller with simple, common connectors.
- The removable padded flip-up armrests have adjustable width and angle.
- The seat has four height adjustments, from 20-23 inches.
- It includes standard anti-tip wheels for added safety.
Cobalt X23 Specifications
- Manufacturer Numbers: COBALTX23BL16FS (Blue), COBALTX23RD16FS (Red)
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Batteries: Two 12V x 21AH
- Brakes: Electromagnetic
- Charger: 2 Amp Off board
- Climbing Angle: 6 degrees
- Controller: Dynamic A50A
- Floor to Seat Height: 20-23 Inch
- Front Wheels: 8 Inch Diameter x 2 Inch Width
- Ground Clearance: 2 Inch
- Height: 37 Inch
- Length: 38.5 Inch
- Shipping Dimensions:
- Length: 37.75 Inch
- Width: 25.5 Inch
- Height: 23.5 Inch
- Max Range: 7 miles
- Max Speed: 4mph
- Motor: Two 24V x 120W x 4700rpm
- Rear Wheels: 9 Inch Diameter x 3 Inch Width
- Turning Radius: 29 Inches
- Width: 24 Inches
- Product Weight Capacity: 250 lbs
- HCPCS: KO823
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime on Frame; 14 Month Limited on Electronics, Controller and Drive Train components; 6 Month Limited on Battery
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Drive Medical Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!