Other AirSep product(s)
HELiOS LOX Home Reservoir offers liquid oxygen therapy in the home or office. The Reservoir stores liquid oxygen and dispenses liquid oxygen to the patient while also being able to refill the HELiOS Plus and Marathon liquid oxygen units, as well as Companion-style portable liquid oxygen units.
This universal liquid oxygen reservoir is used for respiratory therapy and keeps delivery costs to a minimum because it is designed with the same low-loss evaporative control system used on the original HELiOS Reservoir. The primary benefit of liquid home oxygen therapy is that a large amount of oxygen can be supplied in a relatively small, portable container. One liter of liquid oxygen offers approximately 860 liters of gaseous oxygen.
Choose From Two Package Options:
- U36 Reservoir for HELiOS, 85 Pound LOX Capacity
- U46 Reservoir for HELiOS, 110 Pound LOX Capacity
HELiOS LOX U36 Home Reservoir
The HELiOS LOX U36 Home Reservoir is the more easily portable of the two LOX options, weighing about 40 pounds less than the U46 when full, perfect for those on the go. The U36 can contain up to 85 pounds of oxygen, which can last for up to 10.9 days if used at 2 LPM. With its low-loss evaporative control system, the reservoir also keeps delivery costs to a minimum, making it a very smart choice for the economically conscious.
HELiOS LOX U36 Home Reservoir Specifications:
- Capacity: 85 lb
- Weight when empty: 53 lb
- Weight when filled: 138 lb
- Height: 33.5"
- Diameter: 15.4"
- Typical use time at 2 LPM: 10.9 days
HELiOS LOX U46 Home Reservoir
The HELiOS LOX U46 Home Reservoir is a sturdy tank of a reservoir, being able to hold up to 110 pounds' worth of oxygen, which can last up to 13.9 days if used at 2 LPM, reducing pesky refill costs. Just like the U36, the larger U46 reservoir consumes no electricity and features a smart, low-loss evaporative control system, making it not only a strong choice, but a great economic, money-saving option as well.
HELiOS LOX U46 Home Reservoir Specifications:
- Capacity: 110 lb
- Weight when empty: 60 lb
- Weight when filled: 170 lb
- Height: 37.5"
- Diameter: 15.4"
- Typical use time at 2 LPM: 13.9 days
HELiOS LOX Home Reservoirs can be used to provide oxygen directly to patients with the addition of two parts--Flow Control Value (# B-701655-FLO) and a Disc Fitting Hose Adapter (Christmas Tree fitting - # B-7776945-00). These two parts can be ordred from our HELiOS LOX Parts and Accessories webpage.
HELiOS LOX Home Reservoir improves asset utilization by using one reservoir for top-fill portable units. The oxygen-saving features help to reduce refill deliveries and operating costs. The electronic contents indicator in the reservoir helps to eliminate guesswork. Refills for the reservoir are quick and easy with the fast-fill feature. HELiOS Universal LOX Reservoir is flexible and can help reduce long-term operating costs.
HELiOS LOX Home Reservoir Features and Benefits:
- Two size options to select from.
- Can be used to provide liquid oxygen therapy for the home or office
- May be used to refill portable oxygen units.
- Low-loss evaporative control system.
HELiOS LOX Home Reservoir Components:
- Low-Loss Evaporative Control System.
- External Flow Control Valve, Optional.
- Easy-to-Read Electronic Gauge.
- Hida W1, Sakurai M, Okabe S, Hajime, Kurosawa, Kikuchi Y, Takishima T. Home oxygen therapy using liquid oxygen system. 1992 Dec;30 Suppl:164-8.
- Nasilowski, J., Przybylowski, T., Zielinski, J., Chazan, R. Comparing supplementary oxygen benefits from a portable oxygen concentrator and a liquid oxygen portable device during a walk test in COPD patients on long-term oxygen therapy. Respiratory Medicine, Vol. 102, Issue 7, p1021–1025.
- J. Schaanning, J., Strom, K., Boe, J. Do patients using long-term liquid oxygen differ from those on traditional treatment with oxygen concentrators and/or compressed gas cylinders? A comparison of two national registers. Respiratory Medicine, Vol. 92, Issue 1, p84–87.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Chart Industries Sub Brand AirSep Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A