Protective Films — Body Powder, Barrier Film, Incontinence Skin Protection
Protective film and powders are popular skin products often used as a preventative measure to protect the skin's integrity. Protective films and powders, when applied to the skin, will provide a barrier to protect the epidermis from moisture and friction. Skin irritation among patients is often the result of moisture due to incontinence. Because of the skin's exposure to urine or feces, it will quickly react and become irritated.
Incontinence moisture, and the combination of skin rubbing together, can often cause severe rashes, sores and the potential for infection. Vitality Medical offers a number of Protective Films and powders to help prevent such skin problems, both for individual use and within professional health care settings.
Common Uses for Protective Films and Powders:
- Placing Powder in Skin Folds to Reduce Friction
- To Powder Skin and Absorb Moisture
- Applying a Barrier Spray to Create a Layer on the Skin that Keeps Moisture and Friction from Creating Irritation
- Apply Spray or Powder to Protect the Perineum Area from Urine and Feces
- Use Spray to Protect Skin from Stripping Due to Dressing Tape or Adhesive Material Being Removed