Other Portex product(s)
The Portex Blue Line Ultra Cuffed Tracheostomy Tubes, by Smiths Medical, offer some of the most diverse features and range of accessories. The Blue Line Ultra is designed to have many options to adapt to the varying physiology between patients. Smiths Medical has both the Blue Line Ultra and the Bivona as their elite line of tracheostomy tubes, cannulas and trach kits.
The Blue Line Ultra trach tubes are made of thermosensitive material so they conform to the individual's airway simply by the patient's body temperature aiding the effect. The tube is rigid at first to help insertion and later conforms to the patient's trachea when inserted and bends to the stimulus of body heat. There are two features that aid in insertion. One, the arc is tapered anteriorly to keep the distal tip midline, and the second, the hollow obturator that comes with retaining clips and hemispherical tip will help guide and fit the tube so the cuff can be properly inflated. The cuff utilizes the Portex Soft-Seal material that is velvet soft as to ease tube transition and not traumatize the tracheal mucosa, even after extended use.
The Blue Line Ultra Cuffed tubes come with the main trach tube, two inner cannulas, a cleaning brush and tube holder. For other cuffed trach options, see the Portex Blue Line Cuffed Tracheostomy Tube and the Bivona Mid-Range Aire-Cuf Adult Tracheostomy Tubes.
Bivona Mid-Range Aire-Cuf Adult Tracheostomy Tubes Features and Benefits
- The tubes are thermosensitive and conform to a patient's anatomy.
- The tubes are rigid enough to help insertion.
- The cuff is especially soft to reduce incidence of trauma and eases insertion.
- The Blue Line Ultra trach tubes come with two inner cannulas.
Portex Blue Line Ultra Cuffed Tracheostomy Tubes Specifications
- Manufacturer: Smiths Medical
- Sterility: Sterile
- Material: PVC
- Includes: Tube, Two Inner Cannulas, Cleaning Brush and Tube Holder
- Sizes: 6.0mm, 8.0mm, 9.0mm, 10.0mm
- Manufacturer Number: 100/815/060, 100/815/070, 100/815/080, 100/815/090, 100/815/100
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Smiths Medical Sub Brand Portex
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!