Invacare Softform Premier Mattress optimizes pressure reduction to reduce the risk of ulcers and bed sores. This therapuetic foam mattress features a unique contoured foam insert which provides excellent patient comfort and optimizes pressure reduction for patients up to very high risk. A single piece foam U-core provides side support and helps facilitate resident transfers. Sidewall stability is significantly enhaces with the side support that is built into the mattress. This foam mattress offers minimal shear while increasing the airflow for better skin health. An antimicrobial cover offers skin protection. Unique castellated cells break the surface tensions of the foam, allowing the patient to be immersed into the foam while maximizing body contact area and optimizing pressure reduction. Invacare also manufactures a Softform Excel Mattress at a lower cost but with great technology.
Invacare Softform Premier Mattress Features & Benefits
- Features premium HR foam cut into mushroom-shaped cells to allow superior patient immersion and pressure redistribution.
- Designed with a unique keyhole cut to ensure proper airflow through the foam to maintain a consistent temperature while moving with the patient for improved comfort.
- Features a single piece foam "U" core which facilitates patient transfer by providing effective side-wall support. Manufacturing the core out of one piece of foam vs. glued sections results in a strong, durable mattress.
- Softform mattress covers feature a concealed zipper, reducing possible risk of fluid ingress.
- Fully removable covers allow for easy replacement, laundering and inspection of foam.
- Softform mattress covers are four-way stretch polyurethane and feature a tough coated polyurethane base to extend the longevity of the mattress.
- Softform Premier mattress features high frequency welded seams; the Softform Excel Mattress features stitched seams.
- Customize Softform mattresses with RSR covers as needed for patients requiring additional side support.
- Width options range from 36 inches to 48 inches.
Softform Excel Mattress Specifications
- Softform Excel Mattress Product Number: IPM1080, IPM108039, IPM108042, IPM108048.
- Width; 36, 39, 42, or 48 Inch.
- Length: 80 Inch.
- Height: 6 Inch.
- Weight Capacity: 500 lbs.
- Manufacturer: Invacare.
- Brand: Softform Excel.
- HCPCS Code: E0184.
- Invacare Softform Excel Mattress Warranty: 8 years limited.
- Invacare Softform Excel Mattress Cover Warranty: 4 years limited.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
I'm a bit unhappy in the way that Invacare states the sizes but then one finds out the sizes are not as stated. Same with the Invacare Cushions for wheelchairs.
The mattress is very soft, but almost impossible to slide on.