Other Vital product(s)
Vital 1.0 Cal is oral or tube feeding nutrition for patients experiencing poor digestion and absorption as well as symptoms of GI intolerance. Vital 1.0 is a peptide-based elemental nutrition formula by Abbott Nutrition shown to assist with mal-absorption and mal-digestive issues. Available in ready-to-use 8 ounce cans or 1000 mL ready-to-feed bottles for enteral feeding, Vital should be used under the direction of a medical professional.
Its unique formula is specifically designed to promote digestive tolerance. Abbott uses an advanced blend of hydrolyzed peptide-based protein and structured lipids MCT from canola oil that's known to promote absorption of fatty acids. And to set a healthy bacterial environment a special prebiotic fiber NutraFlora is added for optimal digestive health. Vital 1.0 Cal is also packed with nutrition containing 24 essential vitamins and minerals and antioxidants vitamins C and E are added to reduce free radical cell damage. For other dietary needs, the formula is gluten-free, low-residue and suitable for lactose intolerance.
Features, Benefits, Specifications, Precautions, Ingredients, Preparation, Nutrition Information
Features and Benefits:
- Peptide-Based for Easier Digestion
- Great-Tasting Vanilla for Oral Consumption
- Supports Mal-Absorption
- Supports GI Intolerance
- Sole-Source Nutrition
- MTC Promotes Absorption of Fatty Acids
- Promotes Colon Health
- Packed with Vitamins and Minerals
- Reduces Free Radical Damage
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Brand: Vital
- UNSPSC Code: 42231803
- HCPCS Code: B4153
- Item Numbers: 56277, 62711
- Sizes: 8 Ounce, 1000 mL
- Application: Oral and Tube Feeding
- Container: Can, Bottle
- Flavor: Vanilla
- Suitable for Lactose Intolerance
- Brochure for Vital 1.0 Cal
- Suitable for lactose intolerance but not for individuals with galactosemia.
- With enteral feeding, do not share feeding sets. Use clean techniques to avoid contamination.
- Do not administer produce in IV.
Vanilla:Water, Maltodextrin, Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Structured Lipid (Interesterified Canola Oil & Medium Chain Triglycerides), Sugar (Sucrose), Partially Hydrolyzed Sodium Caseinate, Canola Oil, Medium-Chain Triglycerides, Short-Chain Fructooligosaccharides, Natural & Artificial Flavors, DATEM, Magnesium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Cellulose Gel, Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, Calcium Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Carrageenan, Sucralose, Magnesium Chloride, Cellulose Gum, L-Carnitine, Taurine, d-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate, Cyanocobalamin, Phylloquinone, and Vitamin D3. Contains milk ingredients.
Instructions for Use: Ready-To-Hang Container
All liquid enteral formulas are medical foods and must be handled with care to avoid microbial growth. Follow these instructions for clean technique and proper setup to reduce the potential of contamination and reduce hangtime.
- It is recommended to use a 8 Fr or larger tube for pump feeding. For gravity feeding use a 10 Fr or larger tube.
- Administer Vital at room temperature.
- Make sure to begin by THOROUGHLY wash hands with soap and water before handling container or feeding set.
- Turning container upside down, SHAKE VIGOROUSLY in a twisting motion for at least 10 seconds for a thorough mix.
- DO NOT touch any part of the container or feeding set that comes into contact with the formula.
- When initiating feeding, follow physician's instructions for the flow rate and volume specific to each patient.
- Consult with doctor for additional fluid amounts between or after feedings or when flushing the tube.
Instructions For Use with Enteral Feeding Set
- Remove the dust cover from the Abbott RTH Safety Screw Cap.
- Remove the dust cover from the safety connector on the feeding set.
- Insert the safety connector into the port on the Abbott RTH Safety Screw Cap to pierce the foil and break seal.
- Turn the safety connector clockwise until it is securely fastened.
- Close clamp on set before inverting the ready-to-hang container.
- Invert container and suspend with the built-in hanging ring on the bottom of the container.
- Unless a shorter hangtime is specified it's recommended to not hang product for more than 48 hours from initial connection. If not certain on what methods were used limit time to 24 hours.
Instructions for Use 8 Oz Can
- Store unopened cans at room temperature and always avoid exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Shake well before consuming.
- Clean top of container thoroughly to avoid contamination.
- If not fully consumed, cover, refrigerate and use within 48 hours.
- Best when consumed chilled.
Vital 1.0 Cal Nutrition Information:
Volume 8 fl oz 1000 mL Calories 237 1000 Protein 9.5 grams 40 grams Fat 9.0 grams 38.1 grams Carbohydrates 30.7 grams 130 grams L-Carnitine 25 mg 105 mg Taurine 25 mg 105 mg Water 199 grams 842 grams Vitamin A 1080 IU 4570 IU Vitamin D 66 IU 280 IU Vitamin E 17 IU 70 IU Vitamin K 13 mcg 56 mcg Vitamin C 83 mg 350 mg Vitamin B12 2.0 mcg 8.4 mcg Vitamin B6 1.0 mg 4.2 mg Niacin 6.6 mg 28 mg Biotin 100 mcg 420 mcg Pantothenic Acid 3.3 mg 14 mg Sodium 250 mg 1055 mg Potassium 330 mg 1400 mg Chloride 250 mg 1055 mg Calcium 165 mg 705 mg Phosphorus 165 mg 705 mg Magnesium 66 mg 280 mg Iodine 25 mcg 105 mcg Manganese 0.83 mg 3.5 mg Copper 0.33 mg 1.4 mg Iron 3.0 mg 13 mg Zinc 5.0 mg 21 mg Selenium 13 mcg 56 mcg Chromium 20 mcg 84 mcg Molybdenum 30 mcg 125 mcg
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Abbott Nutrition Sub Brand Vital
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!