Other Portex product(s)
Portex Cuffed DIC Fenestrated Tracheostomy Tubes, by Smiths Medical, are designed with a disposable inner cannula. This tracheostomy tube will allow the patient to breathe through the fenestration and is good for those transitioning from ventilation to unassisted breathing. This Portex design includes a one-piece outer tube that comes with a 15mm ISO termination and is made as part of the tube. The disposable inner cannula allows for easy removal of mucus build-up and helps reduce the possibility of post-procedural infection.
And like the fenestrated disposable inner cannula Portex tube, these cuffed trach tubes have color-coded inner cannula that correspond to the inner diameter measurements. These come with a soft, pliable flange for patient comfort and to help the caregiver view the stoma site for cleaning. The Portex Cuffed Fenestrated Trach tube comes with an abturator, a Velcro trach tube holder, a color-coded inner cannula, and a decannulation cap.
For another Portex line of cuffed trach tubes, look to the Sims Portex Cuffed DIC Trach Tube that is unfenestrated.
Portex Cuffed Fenestrated Tracheostomy Tubes Features and Benefits
- The tube is designed with a one-piece outer tube that comes with 15mm ISO termination as part of the tube.
- The inner cannula is color-coded for correct size.
- Patients can be ventilated with or without the inner cannula in place.
- The tube flange is soft and pliable to allow the caregiver a good view of the stoma site and is more comfortable for the patient.
- The fenestration helps patients transition from ventilator to unassisted breathing.
Portex Cuffed DIC Fenestrated Tracheostomy Tubes Specifications
- Manufacturer: Smiths Medical
- Sterility: Sterile
- Includes: Obturator, Velcro Trach Tube Holder, Color-coded Inner Cannula, and Decannulation Cap
- Inner Diameter: 6.0mm, 7.0mm, 8.0mm, 9.0mm, 10.0mm
- Outer Diameter: 8.5mm, 9.9mm, 11.3mm, 12.6mm, 14.0mm
- Length: 64.0mm, 70.0mm, 73.0mm, 79.0mm
- Size/Color: 6.0mm - Orange, 7.0mm - Green, 8.0mm - White, 9.0mm - Blue, 10.0mm - Yellow
- Manufacturer Numbers: 513060, 513070, 513080, 513090, 513060, 513100
- Additional Information
Invacare Continuing Care Smiths Medical Sub Brand Portex
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!