Nu-Derm® Hydrocolloid Wound Dressing, by Johnson and Johnson, is a sterile dressing that utilizes a gel matrix (hydrocolloid) to maintain a moist environment when placed on a wound. The moist environment aids the body's healing time and helps bring dead tissue to the surface (debridement). Nu-Derm® dressings prevent maceration while maintaining constant moisture. This wound dressing is designed to be ultra-comfortable and cooling and will conform to the body's contours. A soft gel is formed after contact with the wound fluid and makes it easy and safe by protecting sensitive tissue when pulled off of the wound. The dressing comes in a variety of shapes and sizes to match the wound area dimension. This hydrocolloid dressing is best to be applied to a low-risk wound to protect against bacterial contamination. It is primarily for semi-dry, lightly exuding wounds, post-operative wounds, and superficial wounds and abrasions.
Nu-Derm® Hydrocolloid Wound Dressing Features and Benefits
- The dressing lays directly on the wound.
- The hydrocolloid gel maintains a moist, healing environment.
- The gel makes it comfortable to apply and safe to pull off the wound.
- It will form to the body's contours and stay on the skin without adhesive.
- Because it is a hydrocolloid, it is waterproof and safe when bathing.
Nu-Derm® Hydrocolloid Wound Dressing Specifications
- Manufacturer Numbers: HCB102, HCB204, HCT101, HCB106, HCF208, HCS100
- Manufacturer: Johnson and Johnson (Systagenix)
- Material: Hydrocolloid
- Sizes (in inches): 2 x 2, 4 x 4, 4 x 4(thin) 6 x 6, 6 x 7 (sacral)
- HCPCS: A6021, A6234, A6237, A6238
- Additional Information
Invacare Continuing Care Johnson & Johnson
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!