MediHoney Calcium Alginate Dressing is made by Derma Sciences from patented formulations and medical grade honey (Manuka). MediHoney Calcium Alginate Dressing and Rope is used for moderately to heavily exudating wounds or burn wounds. MediHoney Calcium Alginate products contain 95% active Leptospermum Honey, which has been shown to have several properties which assist in promoting an optimal healing environment for chronic wounds and burns that have not progressed with basic, first line treatments. Through their high osmolarity, the MediHoney Calcium Alginate Rope and Dressing helps to cleanse the wound and remove devitalized tissue. The MediHoney Dressings are designed to manage varying degrees of exudate. This effective wound dressing can be used in all stages of wound healing and can also be used as an important component of wound bed preparation.
MediHoney CA Features & Benefits
- MediHoney Alginate Dressings provide wound care for diabetic foot ulcers, arterial leg ulcers, venous stasis leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, 1st and 2nd degree burns and donor sites.
- Can be used in all stages of wound healing.
- Helps to lower overall wound pH.
- Cleanses and Debrides.
- MediHoney provides a moist, occlusive environment conducive to optimal wound healing.
- As wound exudate is absorbed, a gel forms, making wound dressings easy to remove without disrupting the wound bed.
- MediHoney is manufactured by Derma Sciences.
- Product Options: 31012, 31022 & 31045.
- Antibacterial Honey Dressing.
- All natural, non-toxic honey.
- Size Options: 3/4" x 12", 2" x 2" & 4" x 5".
- Free of pesticides and antibiotics.
- HCPCS codes: A6196, A6197 & A6199
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Derma Sciences
Top Rated Customer ReviewsSee All Reviews
- superior product
This dressing is an spectacular healing product. My husbands wound was at a standstill and we started using Medihoney and the improvement is wonderful.
- Outstanding healing for difficult wound
Cancer patient with wound at edge of hole in skull following removal of plate. Unable to replace plate due to recurrent infections, so the Medihoney is healing the small wound at a jagged point that could possibly break through and allow infection to enter.
- Excellent Dressing For Wound Healing
This Medihoney is awesome use it about 2 to 3 times a day and in a week notice a huge different will continue to use it.
- Please Use Caution
I tried using this product for 2 days for non-healing stage I wound and it has made things so much worse! I would use this with caution and only under a doctor's supervision.
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsWhat is the recommended time that a dressing can remain in place before changing? Should it be changed daily or can it remain in place for a longer period of time, especially for a wound that has very little exudate?Question by: Bernard on Apr 23, 2015 10:29:00 AMWhat product can I use as an appropriate secondary dressing with medihoney wound & burn dressing?Question by: Kristina Hitchens on May 15, 2016 11:10:49 AM