Pregestimil DHA & ARA Infant Formula with MCT Oil is an Infant Formula designed for babies with a metabolic disorder that affects the way the fats are absorbed and converted into energy. Often these babies show signs of GI problems causing constant spit up or vomiting. Manufactured by Mead Johnson Pregestimil baby formula contains 55 percent of its fat MCT oil that is more easily absorbed by infants with GI problems. The Pregestimil formula is also lactose-free and hypoallergenic with added DHA and ARA nutrients, found in breast milk, to promote brain and eye development and is iron fortified to support growth.
This specialized Pregestimil Powder formula can be purchased in powder 1 pound cans or 2 oz ready-to-use bottles that require an attached nipple that's sold separately.
Features, Benefits, Specifications, Precautions, Ingredients, Storage, Preparation and Nutrition Information
Features & Benefits:
- Formulated for Fat Malabsorption
- Uses MCT Medium-Chain Triglycerides
- Uses DHA and ARA Nutrients in Breast Milk
- Promotes Brain and Eye Development
- Iron Fortified for Growth
- Manufacturer: Mead Johnson
- Brand: Pregestimil
- Item Numbers: 143301, 036721
- Size Options: 1 Pound or 2 Oz Nursette Bottle
- Container Types: Can or Bottle
- Flavor: Unflavored
- Application: Infant Formula for Infants with GI Problems
- Preparation: Powder, Nursette Ready-to-Use
- ARA: 34 mg.
- Iron fortified.
- MCT Oil
- Virtually Isotonic
- Users: Infants
- UNSPSC Code: 42231802
- HCPCS Code: B4161
- Nutrition Guide for Pregestimil
- Pregestimil® contains milk and soy ingredients. Pregestimil is hypoallergenic however; there have been a low percentage of infants who experience allergic reactions to extensively hydrolyzed casein formulas.
- Use product before expiration date on container.
- Powder formulas are NOT sterile.
- Do not microwave prepared liquid formula. It may result in serius burns.
- This product is not intended for low-birth-weight infants who may have compromised immune systems.
Powder 1 Pound Can: Corn Syrup Solids (42%), Casein Hydrolysate* (from Milk) (16%), Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT Oil) (15%), Modified Corn Starch (7%), Corn Oil (2%), High Oleic Vegetable Oil (Safflower Or Sunflower) (2%), And Less Than 2%: Mortierella Alpina Oil**, Crypthecodinium Cohnii Oil+, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E Acetate, Vitamin K1, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6 Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12, Niacinamide, Folic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, Inositol, Calcium Citrate, Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Cupric Sulfate, Sodium Iodide, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Selenite, L-Cystine, L-Tyrosine, L-Tryptophan, Taurine, L-Carnitine. *Modified to Be Better Tolerated In Milk Allergic Babies, **A Source of Arachidonic Acid (Ara), +A Source of Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA).
Ready-to-use 2 oz Nursette Bottle: Water (87%), corn syrup solids (5%), casein hydrolysate (from milk)§ (2%), medium-chain triglycerides (MCT oil) (2%) and less than 2%: modified corn starch, soy oil, high oleic vegetable oil (safflower and/or sunflower oils), Mortierella alpina oil, Crypthecodinium cohnii oil, carrageenan, vitamin A palmitate, vitamin D3, vitamin E acetate, vitamin K1, thiamin hydrochloride, riboflavin, vitamin B6 hydrochloride, vitamin B12, niacinamide, folic acid, calcium pantothenate, biotin, ascorbic acid, choline chloride, inositol, calcium carbonate, calcium hydroxide, calcium phosphate, potassium phosphate, magnesium chloride, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, manganese sulfate, cupric sulfate, sodium citrate, sodium iodide, potassium citrate, sodium selenite, potassium chloride, L-cystine, L-tyrosine, L-tryptophan, taurine, L-carnitine.
Storage and Preparation:
- Store cans at room temperature. Once canister has been opened, keep lid on tightly in a dry area and use within 30 days.
- Do not freeze powder, and avoid exposure to excessive heat.
- Use contents in can by its expiration date listed on the can.
- Follow correct amounts of water and powder in preparation instructions.
- Inspect each bottle for signs of damage.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water before preparing bottles to avoid contamination.
- SHAKE BOTTLE WELL and remove cap.
- Attach nipple unit (not included).
Pregestimil Nutrition Information:
Volume 5 fl oz (RTU) 100 grams (Powder) Calories 100 100 Protein 2.8 grams 14 grams Fat 5.6 grams 28 grams Carbohydrates 10.2 grams 51 grams Linoleic Acid 940 mg 4700 mg L-Carnitine 940 mg 4700 mg Water 133 grams 2.6 grams Vitamin A 350 IU 1750 IU Vitamin D 50 IU 250 IU Vitamin E 4 IU 20 IU Vitamin K 12 mcg 60 mcg Vitamin C 12 mg 60 mg Vitamin B1 Thiamin 80 mcg 400 mcg Vitamin B12 0.3 mcg 1.5 mcg Vitamin B6 60 mg 300 mg Niacin 1000 mg 5000 mg Folic Acid 16 mcg 80 mcg Biotin 3 mcg 15 mcg Choline 24 mg 120 mg Inositol 17 mg 85 mg Pantothenic Acid 500 mg 2500 mg Sodium 47 mg 240 mg Potassium 110 mg 550 mg Chloride 86 mg 430 mg Calcium 94 mg 470 mg Phosphorus 52 mg 260 mg Magnesium 8 mg 40 mg Iodine 15 mcg 75 mcg Manganese 25 mg 125 mg Copper 75 mg 380 mg Iron 1.8 mg 9 mg Zinc 1 mg 5 mg Selenium 2.8 mcg 14 mcg
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Mead Johnson
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!