Other Jevity product(s)
Jevity 1.5 Cal, manufactured by Abbott, is a calorically dense tube-feeding formula offered in 8 oz Ready-to-Drink Can and the 1000 and 1500 ml Ready-to-Hang Container. You may choose this for supplemental or sole-source nutrition. You can also use Jevity 1.5 Cal to feed patients with a modified perception of taste with Jevity 1.5 Cal being unflavored.
Featuring a complete and balanced nutrition, Jevity 1.5 Cal is great for long-term tube-feeding. In addition, this formula is compatible with many intolerances and religious food laws. This item is Kosher, Halal, gluten-free, lactose-free, and more.
Providing high protein, this formula supports lean body mass and regenerates body tissues. This product is also high in fiber and prebiotics, which is great to facilitate bowel function.
You may serve this Nutrition Supplement either chilled or at room temperature, depending upon the desires of the consumer. Available in a ready-to-use can, you can easily grab to supply a healthy and nutritional meal. The Jevity 1.5 Cal in 1000 or 1500 mL are also ready-mixed and are ideal for tube, pump and gravity feeding. These sizes have important Instructions for Use.
Truly, Abbott goes above and beyond by creating a product that is consumable by a diverse population.
Features, Benefits, Specifications, Contraindications, Ingredients, Instructions and Nutrition Information
Features and Benefits:
- Ready-to-Use Can Option
- 24 Essential Vitamins and Minerals
- High Protein
- Item Numbers: 57333, 62681, 62689
- 1.5 Calories per mL
- Sizes: 8 oz., 1,000 mL, 1,500 mL
- Application: Tube-Feeding Formula
- Manufacturer: Abbott
- Not for IV Use.
- Not for People with Galactosemia.
- Not for People with Soy Allergies.
Water, Corn Maltodextrin, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium & Calcium Caseinates, Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soy Protein Isolate, Fructooligosaccharides, Medium-Chain Triglycerides, Oat Fiber, Soy Fiber, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Phosphate, Gum Arabic, Sodium Citrate, Magnesium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Magnesium Chloride, Carboxymethylcellulose, Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulfate, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate, Phylloquinone, Cyanocobalamin, and Vitamin D3. Contains milk and soy ingredients.
Instructions for Use: Ready-To-Hang Container
Always take cleanliness and preparation seriously to reduce contamination and infections. Failure to follow these important instructions may reduce hangtime.
- When using pump feeding, use a 10 Fr or larger tube and a 12 Fr or larger tube for gravity feeding.
- Product feeds best at room temperature.
- Always disinfect hands with soap and water before handling container or feeding set.
- Always shake product vigorously for at least 10 seconds. Then turn container upside down.
- To maintain sterilization and touch contamination do not touch any part of the container or feeding set that comes into contact with the formula.
- For best results, contact pediatrician to obtain the flow rate and volume for child.
- Most likely, child will require additional fluid which is best to give water in between and after feedings or when flushing the tube.
For Use with Enteral Feeding Set:
- Remove the dust cover from the Abbott RTH Safety Screw Cap and the safety connector on the feeding set.
- Insert the safety connector into the port on the Abbott RTH Safety Screw Cap to break through the safety foil.
- Safety connector turns clockwise until it is securely fastened.
- Close the clamp on the set before dispensing.
- Container can be suspended using the ring on the bottom.
Instructions for Use: 8-fl-oz-can
- For best results, store unopened can at room temperature.
- Make sure to avoid extreme temperatures.
- When ready to use, shake well for 10 seconds.
- Clean the rim of container before opening to avoid contamination.
- Unused portion can be covered and refrigerated but must be used within 48 hours.
- May by used for total or supplemental nutrition.
- Jevity 1.5 can be consumed at room temperature or chilled.
Jevity 1.5 Cal Nutrition Information:
Volume 8 fl oz) 1000 mL (1.1 Qt) 1500 mL (1.6 Qt) Calories 355 1200 2250 Protein 15.1 grams 63.8 grams 95.7 grams Fats 11.8 grams 49.8 grams 74.7 grams Carbohydrates 51.1 grams 215.7 grams 323.6 grams Dietary Fiber 5.3 grams 22.0 grams 33.0 grams L-Carnitine 36 mg 150 mg 225 mg Taurine 36 mg 150 mg 225 mg Water 180 grams 760 grams 2250 Vitamin A 1185 IU< 5000 IU 7500 IU Vitamin D 95 IU 400 IU 600 IU Vitamin E 11 IU 45 IU 68 IU< Vitamin K 19 mcg 80 mcg 120 mcg Thiamin (Vitamin B1) .54 mg 2.3 mg 3.4 mg Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 0.61 mg 2.6 mg 3.9 mg Vitamin B6 0.72 mg 3.0 mg 4.5 mg Vitamin B12 2.2 mcg 9.0 mcg 14 mcg Niacin 7.2 mg 30 mg 45 mg Folic Acid 145 mcg 600 mcg 900 mcg Biotin 110 mcg 450 mcg 675 mcg Vitamin C 72 mg 300 mg 450 mg Choline 145 mg 600 mg 900 mg Calcium 285 mg 1200 mg 1800 mg Phosphorus 285 mg 1200 mg 1800 mg Magnesium 95 mg 400 mg 600 mg Copper .48 mg 2.0 mg 3.0 mg Iron 4.3 mg 18 mg 27 mg Zinc 5.5 mg 23 mg 34 mg Manganese 1.2 mg 5.0 mg 7.5 mg Iodine 36 mcg 150 mcg 225 mcg Selenium 17 mcg 70 mcg 105 mcg Sodium 330 mg 1400 mg 2100 mg Sodium 14.3 mEq 60.9 mEq 91.3 mEq Potassium 510 mg 2150 mg 3225 mg Potassium 13.1 mEq 55.1 mEq 82.7 mEq Chloride 320 mg 1360 mg 2040 mg Chloride 9.0 mEq 38.4 mEq 57.6 mEq Chromium 29 mcg 120 mcg 180 mcg
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Abbott Nutrition Sub Brand Jevity
- Community Q&A
Product Questionsdo you need a perscription for these products?Question by: patrick ghiorso on May 3, 2016 7:26:23 AMHello Patrick: This item does not require a prescription before it ships.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jul 11, 2016 3:01:00 PMWould you also be able to drink this if feeding tub is no longer needed?Question by: d cassel on Jan 30, 2016 8:43:23 AMThe 8 oz can is able to be drunk without the need of a feeding tube. The hanging bottles; however, may need to be used with a feeding tube. It's best to seek the advise of a professional or the manufacturer on this matter.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Sep 12, 2016 2:51:00 PMHello,
Do I need to have a prescription in order to buy/order 1.2 Cal cans if he jevity?Question by: Ellyn on Jan 30, 2017 2:38:00 PMThis item does not require a prescription.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Feb 9, 2017 11:53:00 AMWill medicare pay for this product?Question by: marty king on Apr 5, 2016 2:11:00 PMIn an effort to keep our prices low, we do not bill Medicare or insurance companies. Feel free to contact Medicare for information about reimbursement.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jun 27, 2016 12:18:00 PMWhat is the shelf life of the Jevity 1.5 before can is opened and properly stored.Question by: Eddie on Apr 16, 2016 9:44:32 AMAs long as the items remain unopened, the product's shelf life is anywhere between 6-9 months given optimum conditions.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Aug 25, 2016 4:23:00 PMHow many. Calories in a can of 1.5Question by: James on Jan 13, 2016 4:46:44 AM355 calories per 8 oz. can.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Aug 11, 2016 2:43:00 PM