extriCARE 3600 Wound Vacuum, manufactured by DEVON, is an innovative, high capacity medical device specifically designed for use by medical professionals in hospitals, wound care centers and other medical facilities.
Optimal for use on acute, chronic, traumatic, subacute and dehisced wounds, partial-thickness burns, ulcers, flaps and grafts, the extriCARE 3600 Wound Vacuum promotes healing for a wide variety of wounds. It functions through the utilization of negative pressure, which is perfect for wound management in clinical environments.
Negative pressure wound therapy, commonly known as NPWT, is a curative and therapeutic procedure that extracts exudate by method of suction. This technique allows a medical professional to turn a patient's open wound into a controlled, closed wound. The effect can have beneficial results for a patient, such as enhanced circulation and faster rehabilitation.
As a small, lightweight portable device, a medical profession can easily and quickly transport the extriCARE 3600 Wound Vacuum from room to room in a facility. Utilizing disposable canisters, anatomically fitted NPWT dressings or NPWT foam kits, this device functions well in acute and post-acute care environments.
To enhance your medical establishment's patient care and healing times for patients, order this negative pressure wound therapy device for your clinic today!
For a similar negative pressure wound therapy device, see the extriCARE 2400.
extriCARE 3600 Wound Vacuum Features and Benefits
- 400cc disposable canisters.
- Battery lasts for 24 hours.
- Continuous mode or intermittent mode.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Liquid crystal display.
- Numerous alarms:
- Canister full.
- Canister installation error.
- High voltage.
- Low battery.
- Pivoting back mount for securing to various locations.
extriCARE 3600 Wound Vacuum Specifications
- Product Number: 3600.
- Weight: 2.87 pounds (1.3 kg).
- Battery: Lithium (rechargeable).
- Vacuum Modes: Continuous or intermittent.
- Product Dimensions:
- Length: 6.7 inches (17 cm).
- Depth: 4.3 inches (11 cm).
- Height: 5.1 inches (13 cm).
- 100-240 V.
- 50/60 Hz.
- 1.5 A.
- Pressure Options: 40 mmHg - 200 mmHg.
- Charging Time: < 5 hours.
- Barometric Pressure Range: 800 hPA - 1060 hPA.
- Storage Temperature: -25 degree C - +70 degree C.
- Altitude Range: < 2,000 m.
- Ingress Protection: IP21.
- Protection Against Electric Shock: Class II.
- Patient Protection: Type BF.
- Application: To vacuum wound exudate which promotes wound healing.
- Manufacturer: Devon Medical.
extriCARE 3600 Wound Vacuum Precautions and Warnings
- Bleeding or hemorrhaging.
- Circumferential dressing application.
- Do not use in MIR, hyperbaric chambers, or defibrillation environments.
- Enteric fistulas.
- Exposed bones, vessel, ligaments, or tendon.
- Friable blood vessels or infected vascular anastomosis.
- Hemostais, anticoagulants, and platelet aggregation inhibitors.
- Infected wounds and osteomyelitis.
- Intermittent versus continuous mode.
- Patient size and weight.
- Protection of the periwound skin.
- Sharp edges (bone fragments).
- Spinal cord injury.
- Use near the vagus nerve (bradycardia).
extriCARE 3600 Wound Vacuum Contraindications
- Allergy to urethane dressings and adhesives.
- Anastomotic sites.
- Excess amount of necrotic tissue with eschar.
- Exposed arteries or veins in a wound.
- Exposed vessels, organs, or nerves.
- Fistulas, unexplored or non-enteric.
- Inability to be followed by a medical professional or to keep scheduled appointments.
- Malignancy in the wound.
- Untreated osteomyelitis.
- Use of topical products which must be applied more frequently than the dressing change schedule allows.
- Wounds which are too large or deep to be accommodated by the dressing.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer DEVON Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A