AutoShield Pen Needle is a safety needle used primarily as a diabetic insulin pen needle and is manufactured by Becton Dickinson, one of the leading companies for syringes and needles in the world. Becton Dickinson is often referred to as BD. The BD AutoShield Pen Needle delivers safe, comfortable patient injections with the safety-engineered BD AutoShield™ Pen Needle. The BD AutoShield can be used for subcutaneous injections of other drugs. The broad shield diameter of the BD AutoShield reduces pressure on skin. The BD AutoShield Pen Needle hides the needle before and after the injection, providing a less intimidating experience. The AutoShield Pen Needle has a universal fit for all pens and dosers in the United States. This universal fit includes the following needle pens:
- HumaPen Ergo
- HumaPen Luxura
- HumaPen Luxura HD
- NovoPen 3
- NovoPen 4
- NovoPen Junior
- (Osteoporosis) Forteo
Becton Dickinson AutoShield Pen Needle Features & Benefits
- Safety shield automatically locks after injection to help prevent accidental needlesticks.
- Metal tabs provide visual confirmation that the safety feature is activated.
- Flat end of shield helps to stabilize for easier injection.
- Utilizes BD Ultra-Fine needle technology.
- Broad shield diameter reduces pressure on the patient
- Additional Information
Manufacturer BD Becton Dickinson
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!