Other AirSep product(s)
AirSep VisionAire 5 Liter Concentrator Product Series Number: AS098
VisionAire 5 Oxygen Concentrator is a lightweight home oxygen therapy concentrator manufactured by AirSep. Weighing 30 pounds and equipped with four caster wheels, the VisionAire medical oxygen concentrator is easily moved from room to room within your home. Providing up to 5 liters per minute (LPM) of continuous oxygen flow, the VisionAire Oxygen Concentrator consumes a mere 290 watts per hour. The VisonAire Concentrator is also available in a 2 liter concentrator and a 3 liter concentrator. Another 5 liter home oxygen concentrator from AirSip is the NewLife Elite that offers an optional oxygen monitor. AirSep also manufactures an 8 liter oxygen concentrator and a 10 liter oxygen concentrator with several options to choose from.
Choose from five package options:
- VisionAire 5 Liter Concentrator, Standard Model
- VisionAire 5 Liter Concentrator with Oxygen Monitor
VisionAire 5 Liter Concentrator Features
VisionAire 5 Liter Concentrator is a home oxygen therapy concentrator that includes the VisionAire home concentrator, power cord and operating manual. The Visionaire concentrator combines low noise and high efficiency to make this unit a market leader in home oxygen concentrators. Maintenance-free for users, this concentrator consumes a low average of 290 watts per hour. Provides up to 5 liters per minutes (LPM) of continuous oxygen flow. This machine weighs 30 lbs., making it lightweight and easy to manage. The VisionAire Oxygen Concentrator combines low noise and high efficiency to make this concentrator a market leader.
VisionAire 5 Liter Concentrator Components
- 5 Liter Concentrator
- Power Cord: A convenient power cord keeps this concentrator charged throughout the day.
- Oxygen Monitor Free Upgrade: Oxygen Monitor notifies user when oxygen has dropped below the desired percentage and indicates what the current oxygen levels are.
- Optional Humidifier Bottle: An optional humidifier is ideal for patients who suffer from a dry nose, throat, lips and/or skin. If you suffer from mucus build up in your chest, a humidifier may be the ideal solution for you.
AirSep VisionAire Oxygen Concentrator Features & Benefits
- Compact oxygen concentrator.
- Lightweight at 30 pounds.
- Quite operation at only 40 dBA.
- Power efficient at 290 Watts.
- Optional oxygen sensor provides alarm for concentrations below 82% oxygen.
- Equipped with a resettable circuit breaker, a dual-function hour meter and well-defined system alarms.
- User-interface contains a back-lined flowmeter for viewing accuracy and proper setting.
- A large humidifier bottle stand allows for easy attachment of both re-fillable and pre-filled humidifier bottles.
AirSep VisionAire 5 Liter Concentrator Specifications
VisionAire 5 Specifications
- AirSep VisionAire Oxygen Concentrator Product Numbers: AS098-1, AS098-4, AS098-707, AS098-710.
- Width: 14.1”
- Height: 20.8”
- Depth: 11.5”
- Weight: 30 lbs.
- Noise: 40 dBA.
- Oxygen Output Capacity: 5 LPM
- Oxygen Concentration: 90% +5.5% -3% sea level.
- Oxygen Dose: Continuous.
- Power Consumption: 290 Watts.
- Power: 115 VAC, 60 Hz standard USA model.
- Power Option - Special Order: 220-240 VAC, 50 Hz and 230VAC.
- Operating Altitude: 0 to 13,123 feet above sea level.
- Warm–up Time: 2 minutes.
- Alarms: Power failure, high and low pressure, temperature, low concentration (with optional oxygen monitor).
- Made in the USA.
- Certification: ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 13485:2003-certified.
- Manufacturer: AirSep.
- Brand: VisionAire.
- AirSep VisionAire Oxygen Concentrator Warranty: 3 years on parts
VisionAire 5 Oxygen Concentrator Resources
Oxygen Concentrator Resources
Certified Oxygen Concentrator Specialist - Questions about the VisionAire 5 Liter Concentrator or any of the other oxygen concentrators can be answered by one of our Certified Oxygen Concentrator Specialist. These specialists are trained, tested and re-evaluated every six months to ensure they are on top of the latest technology and the newest oxygen therapy delivery devices. These certified specialist can help you with questions about pulse flow oxygen, continuous flow oxygen, oxygen concentration levels, high altitude operation, oxygen therapy while traveling, as well as questions about specific concentrator specifications. Call toll free to 800-397-5899 to reach one of our Certified Oxygen Concentrator Specialist.
VM Rental Program - If you would like to "kick the tires" by trying out a particular concentrator before actually purchasing it, try our rental program. Vitality Medical rents by the week with no limitation on the number of weeks. Try before you buy and take all the time you need to test, try and learn how to use one of the leading edge portable oxygen concentrators on the market. Often oxygen patients want to take a portable oxygen concentrator with them while traveling since home oxygen concentrators are too bulky and do not work with many foreign power grids. Vitality Medical has several lightweight portables approved by the FAA for airline travel that can be operated 24/7 while on your vacation. Call today for details at 800-397-5899.
Vitality Medical Buy Back Program - Not 100% satisfied with the concentrator you purchased? Let us make it right! Vitality Medical will buy your concentrator back and help you determine a better fit.
Oxygen Concentrator Loaner Program - Should your concentrator need to be repaired, Vitality Medical provides a concentrator on-loan for you to use while your concentrator is repaired. Whether your concentrator is under warranty or not, our customers have access to the Vitality Medical Loaner Program.
Easy Warranty Processing - If your oxygen concentrator requires repair while under warranty, just give us a call on our toll free line to set up your warranty repair at 800-397-5899. Remember, Vitality Medical offers a free loaner while your concentrator is being repaired. Warranty processing is only for concentrators purchased from Vitality Medical.
Oxygen Concentrator Rankings and Comparison Charts -A list of the top ranking oxygen concentrator choices along with detailed reviews, concentrator rankings and side-by-side comparisons, are available by clicking on the links to our oxygen comparison studies below.
Additional Concentrator Resources
- Review of the Top Low Flow Oxygen Concentrators made in the U.S.A., including the SimplyFlo and VisionAire concentrators.
- Oxygen Concentrator Expertise from Vitality Medical Certified Oxygen Experts.
- Comparison Chart of the Top 5 Liter Oxygen Concentrators displays oxygen performance, size, weight, operating factors and dependability.
- AirSep Oxygen Concentrator Filters manufactured by Chart Industries.
- AirSep Accessories and Replacement Parts including batteries, backpacks and power supplies.
- O'Donnell DE, Hernandez P, Kaplan A, Aaron S, Bourbeau J, Marciniuk D, et al. Canadian Thoracic Society recommendations for management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease - 2008 update - highlights for primary care. Can Respir J 2008;15(Suppl A):1A–8A.
- William C. Pruitt. Long-Term Oxygen Therapy: In a Perfect World. Respir Care, October 2013 58:10 1711-1713.
- Nasilowski J, Przybylowski T, Zielinski J, Chazan R. Comparing supplementary oxygen benefits from a portable oxygen concentrator and a liquid oxygen portable device during a walk test in COPD patients on long-term oxygen therapy. Respir Med 2008;102(7):1021–1025.
- Petty TL, Bliss PL. Ambulatory oxygen therapy, exercise, and survival with advanced chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (the Nocturnal Oxygen Therapy Trial revisited). Respir Care 2000;45(2):204–211.
- Case R, Hausmann R. Use of a portable oxygen concentrator with a fixed minute volume oxygen conserving device to deliver oxygen to exercising pulmonary rehabilitation patients (abstract). Respir Care 2005;50(11):1510.
- McCoy R, Petty T, Gay P. Respironics white paper. Comparison of three portable oxygen concentrators on exercising patients. Andover, MA: Philips Respironics; 2008.
- Leblanc CJ, Lavallée LG, King JA, Taylor-Sussex RE, Woolnough A, McKim DA. A comparative study of 3 portable oxygen concentrators during a 6-minute walk test in patients with chronic lung disease. Respir Care. 2013 Oct;58(10):1598-605. doi: 10.4187/respcare.02275. Epub 2013 Apr 2.
- Chatburn RL, Williams TJ. Performance comparison of 4 portable oxygen concentrators. Respir Care 2010;55(4):433–442.
VisionAire 5 Additional Information
- AirSep VisionAire 5 Brochure describes the features and benefits of this AirSep Oxygen Concentrator.
- VisionAire 5 Concentrator Patient Manual offers operating instructions in English
- VisionAire 5 Concentrator Patient Manual provides operating instructions in multiple languages (French, German, Spanish, Greek, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, Arabic)
- VisionAire 5 Instructions for Air Outlet provides instructions and images to properly connect oxygen tubing.
- Oxygen Tubing Condensation includes an abstract, preventing rainout, alternatives to oxygen humidification,
- Smoking Risks and Medical Oxygen offers information to reduce the risks of fires and burns when smoking and using oxygen.
- Long Term Oxygen Therapy Study by the Ottawa Hospital.
- AirSep Warranty provides details and warranty period schedule for AirSep Oxygen Concentrators.
To be compliant with current FDA regulations, we require a prescription for selected Portable Oxygen Concentrators, Home Stationary Concentrators and Pulse Oximeters. Prescriptions are NOT required for replacement parts and accessories. If a prescription is required for an item in your order we will inform you of the requirement and ask you how the prescription will be provided.
Prescriptions may be sent via:
Fax to: 1-801-733-5797
Email to: [email protected]
Mail to: 7910 S 3500 E Suite C, SLC, UT 84121
If you are unable to obtain a copy of your prescription we are happy to contact your doctor and request the prescription on your behalf.
- Vitality Medical ships CAIRE products only to customers within the United States of America.
- CAIRE Inc.'s logo text, graphics and photo images are the property of CAIRE Inc. and are used with permission. Copyright ©2017.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer CAIRE Sub Brand AirSep Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsCan this machine be battery operated?Question by: dr eenal bhambri on Mar 18, 2015 10:01:00 PMThis specific concentrator uses an AC adapter, rather than batteries.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jun 27, 2016 1:46:00 PMHow many feet of tubing can you use on this model?Question by: Phyllis Vaughn on Apr 10, 2017 1:17:00 PMThe concentrator is able to handle any length of tubing. It's personal preference as to which length will work for your needs.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Apr 12, 2017 12:23:00 PMMy father has this unit. I was wondering if essential oils could be added to the nebulizer for additional breathing aid.Question by: Deanna on Dec 13, 2016 6:56:00 PMThe manufacturer doesn't recommend additional outside agents such as essential oils be added to the machine.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Sep 1, 2017 7:20:00 AMDoes Any tubing come with it? Can it be used with CPAP?Question by: G.A. Kimball on Jun 30, 2017 6:00:00 PMTubing is not included with the machine. It can be used with CPAP.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jul 13, 2017 8:45:00 AM
Product Reviewssharipax 226 08 2017 22:34Nice machineThis oxygen concentrator is smaller and quieter than the one I rented previously. So far it's working fine!
Beverly 173 06 2017 02:43Great MachineI bought this machine 2 years ago and have had no complaints until recently when the alarms started going off. Exactly 5 minutes after turning on for the night, I get 4 beeps. I turn it off and turn it back on then it's fine for the night. I like that it's maintenance free but maybe there is something I should be doing? It's still under warranty and will be sending it in for repairs. I'm very satisfied so far and if there are any problems with warranty issues, I will amend the review. it's easy to use and the service from Vitality Medical is the best! I will be purchasing a portable unit from them soon. They have earned my loyalty!Toni 79 03 2017 00:11Works as ExpectedBought this for my dad because it is identical to the one he has through Medicare. It was a little complicated getting the request from the Dr. to the company, through no fault of theirs. The "system" just doesn't seem to understand when people want to buy something without insurance. However, the customer service people were very helpful and once all the paperwork was in order the unit arrived 2 days early. This has been a great purchase as the user lives in a two story house and having a unit on both levels encourages him to be more mobile throughout the day. No more sleeping downstairs on the sofa because it's too hard to transfer the unit upstairs (he's a fall risk, so even though he could have used the one unit it wasn't practical for our purposes). The whole family is glad to see this unit in place, but most of all my dad.
- small and quiet
Ona 49 02 2016 05:56Held hostage by insurance company. Confined to this crappy device.This is the second one. First was replaced by insurance company recently. Both machines constantly trigger the alert for high pressure (4 beeps). Machine has been serviced repeatedly by American HomePatient who claims to find nothing wrong it or the accessories. Very annoying to wake up 4-6 times per night to keep resetting the device. Cannula has been replaced repeatedly as instructed by American HomePatient. If I had my choice, I would NEVER own another. It is now 12:55 AM where I am and this is the 4th reset since 9:00 PM.bjs 201 07 2015 04:57Works as expectedWhen I realized I was going to be charged 100.00 a month to rent a unit, I decided to buy one. I think the price is reasonable. It's basically the one that I received as a rental and it does the job.
- Lowest price among competitors by at least $100