Customers Also Bought
Medihoney Paste assists in the proper healing of wounds and burns. Medihoney Paste ingredients consist of all natural 100% Leptospermum honey which has been proven to greatly assist in healing chronic wounds, such as ulcers and burns that have not progressed with basic treatments. Leptospermum honey lowers the pH of the wound, promoting a better healing environment. It has a high osmolarity to cleanse the wound by aiding the body's natural process of debridement. The honey helps pull fluids and dead tissue from deep tissue to the surface. The necrotic tissue is then liquefied by the body for healing.
Medihoney Hydrocolloid Paste is very thin making it ideal for hard to dress wounds such as tunneled or undermined wounds. It works well on full-thickness wounds, light to moderately draining burns, as well as diabetic, pressure, and venous ulcers up to Stage IV too. After applying the paste, you will need a secondary dressing such as this Mepilex border dressing to help protect from infection.
Medihoney wound paste is purified to be used in the treatment of wounds without risk of infection. Click the following link to request a FREE SAMPLE of Medihoney
Medihoney is available in four options other than Medihoney Paste. These other options and links to product descriptions and where you can buy Medihoney are displayed below:
- Medihoney Gel with 80% Active Leptospermum Honey
- Medihoney HCS with 63% Active Leptospermum Honey
- Medihoney Calcium Alginate with 95% Active Leptospermum Honey
- Medihoney Honeycolloid with 80% Active Leptospermum Honey
Medihoney Selection Chart
Features and Benefits
- Medihoney paste
- Lowers wound pH level
- High osmolarity promotes debridement
- Ideal for tunneled or undermined wounds
- Product Numbers: 31515, 31535, 31505
- Medihoney Ingredients: 100% Leptospermum Honey
- Sizes: 0.5 oz, 1.5 oz, 3.5 oz
- Container: Tube
- HCPCS Code: A4649
How to Apply
When applying the paste, always begin this process by washing hands thoroughly. Apply gloves to cleanse and dry the wound as well as clean the skin around the wound. Use a squirt bottle to cleanse the wound if sensitive. Pat dry skin around the periwound to ensure a clean and sterile field. Assess the wound and measure field, if needed. Apply the protecting paste to the wound using a sterile cotton swab. Place a secondary dressing to protect the wound from infection.
Manuals and Documents
- Debridement Treatment contains detailed information for using this product for wound debridement.
- Palliative Wound Care information for using Leptospermum honey.
- Patient Guide offers information for patients considering this product for chronic wound care.
- Protocol Guide for using this wound treatment.
- Product Sell Sheet contains selection options for wound care.
- Burn Care Treatment offers highlights for using this product for the treatment of burns.
- Debridement Sell Sheet offers features and benefits for product use in wound debridement.
Medihoney Guideline for Wound Preparation (0:28 Minutes)
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A