Customers Also Bought
Medihoney HoneyColloid is a leptospermum hydrocolloid dressing manufactured by Derma Sciences for treating lightly draining pressure ulcers, skin tears, and to cover or fill a partial to full thickness wound. Two versions of the Medihoney Hydrocolloid Dressings are available—Medihoney Adhesive Dressing designed for pressure ulcers and skin tears and the Medihoney Non-Adhesive Dressing designed for covering or filling a partial to full thickness wound. Both versions absorb light to moderate amounts of exudates. The Honeycolloid pad will form a gel as it warms up from body temperature and as it comes into contact with wound fluid.
Give Medihoney a try! Just click the following link to request a FREE SAMPLE of Medihoney.
Medihoney is honey derived from the pollen and nectar of a specific Leptospermum species of plant in New Zealand and Australia. Leptospermum is unique among all types of honey in that it maintains its effectiveness as a Wound Dressing even in the presence of wound fluid. Leptospermum is the only species of honey that has been shown in randomized controlled studies to help wounds that have stalled under first-line treatment to progress towards healing.
Medihoney is available in four separate options in addition to Medihoney Gel. These other options are displayed below:
- Medihoney Gel with 80% Active Leptospermum Honey
- Medihoney Paste with 100% Active Leptospermum Honey
- Medihoney HCS with 63% Active Leptospermum Honey
- Medihoney Calcium Alginate with 95% Active Leptospermum Honey
Medihoney Selection Chart
Product Features & Benefits
- Cleanses and debrides due to its high osmolarity.
- Helps to lower overall wound pH.
- Promotes a moisture-balanced environment conducive to wound healing.
- Non-toxic, natural, and safe.
- Easy-to-use, with the potential for extended wear times (depending on level of exudate).
- Effective for treating diabetic ulcers, venous stasis ulcers, arterial ulcers, leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, 1st and 2nd degree burns, donor sites, traumatic wounds, and surgical wounds.
- Effective in all stages of wound healing.
- Product Numbers: 31222, 31245, 31422, 31445.
- Adhesive Dressings (occlusive, thin film backing and adhesive border): 31422, 31445.
- Non-Adhesive Dressings (not occlusive, requires a secondary dressing to hold in place): 31222, 31245.
- Pad Size Options: 2 x 2 Inch and 4-1/2 x 4-1/2 Inch.
- Adhesive Border Sizes: 3-1/2 x 3-1/2 Inch and 6 x 6 Inch.
- Medihoney Ingredients: 80% Leptospermum Honey.
- HCPCS codes: A6234, A6235, A6237 & A6238.
- Manufacturer: Derma Sciences.
Derma Sciences Medihoney Osmotic Activity and pH Modulation
Medical Studies, Product Manuals and Documents
- Saikaly, Sami K., and Amor Khachemoune. "Honey and wound healing: an update." American journal of clinical dermatology 18, no. 2 (2017): 237-251.
- Reese, Ann, Deborah Willoughby, Stephanie C. Davis, Toni Silver, and Tad Venn. "Revisiting the Use of Honey for Treating Chronic Wounds." American Journal for Nurse Practitioners 15 (2011).
- Vandamme, Lynn, Alexander Heyneman, Jozef Hoeksema, Henrick Verbelen, and Stan Monstrey. "Honey in modern wound care: a systematic review." Burns 39, no. 8 (2013): 1514-1525.
- Product Sell Sheet contains selection options for wound care.
- Debridement Sell Sheet offers features and benefits for product use in wound debridement.
- Debridement Treatment contains detailed information for using this product for wound debridement.
- Palliative Wound Care information for using Leptospermum honey.
- Patient Guide offers information for patients considering this product for chronic wound care.
- Protocol Guide for using this wound treatment.
- Burn Care Treatment offers highlights for using this product for the treatment of burns.
Derma Sciences Product Review Video (1:03 minutes)
Product Application Video (2:52 minutes)
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A