Customers Also Bought
Medihoney Gel is a mixture of Leptospermum Honey and vegetable esters that act as natural gelling agents. This combination creates a thicker honey gel for more stability at the wound site. This wound dressing is natural and non-toxic. It may be used from the start of wound treatment through to wound closure, making wound management much easier. Medihoney wound gel is purified to be used in the treatment of wounds to reduce the risk of infection.
Medihoney wound gel is formulated with 80% Leptospermum honey and 20% natural gelling agents. It is designed for use on superficial to full thickness wounds. that increases the healing rate of wounds because it has a low pH value. This low pH value reduces the pH value of the wound. Medihoney gel has a high osmotic potential that pulls fluid from deeper cells and tissues to the wound bed. This promotes healing through the autolytic debridement process. During this process, tissues and cells are broken down in an attempt to moisturize the wound, so the dead tissue is liquefied and removed.
Medihoney is available in four separate options in addition to Medihoney Gel. These other options are displayed below:
- Medihoney Paste with 100% Active Leptospermum Honey
- Medihoney HCS with 63% Active Leptospermum Honey
- Medihoney Calcium Alginate with 95% Active Leptospermum Honey
- Medihoney Honeycolloid with 80% Active Leptospermum Honey
Want to give Medihoney a try? Just click the following link to request a FREE SAMPLE of Medihoney.
Medihoney Selection Chart
Medihoney Gel Ingredients
- 80% Leptospermum honey
- 20% natural gelling agents
Product Features and Benefits
- Lowers wound pH value
- High osmotic potential
- Ideal for superficial to full thickness wounds
- Useful for treating chronic wounds
- Useful for stalled wounds
- Safely removes necrotic tissue
- More viscous formulation for greater stability
- Cleanses and debrides
- Product Numbers: 31805, 31815, 31840
- Sizes: 0.5oz or 1.5oz
- Containers: Tube or tub
- Active Ingredients: Leptospermum honey, vegetable esters
- Application: Wound and burn dressing
- Latex free
- HCPCS Code: A4649, A6240
Manuals and Documents
- Product Sell Sheet contains selection options for wound care.
- Debridement Sell Sheet offers features and benefits for product use in wound debridement.
- Debridement Treatment contains detailed information for using this product for wound debridement.
- Palliative Wound Care information for using Leptospermum honey.
- Patient Guide offers information for patients considering this product for chronic wound care.
- Protocol Guide for using this wound treatment.
- Burn Care Treatment offers highlights for using this product for the treatment of burns.
Medihoney Gel Leptospermum Application (1:41 Minutes)
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsI have chronic cellulitis. Is this product treat my infections?Question by: j nelson on Sep 11, 2017 6:20:00 AMWe cannot make any specific recommendations regarding items on our site. It's best to speak with a medical professional for proper advice.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Oct 13, 2017 9:30:00 AMWhat are the ingredients in the 20% gel portion of this product? I am allergic to Fragrance, Peg/Pg,
Glutaraldehydes, & Amidoamines. I started using the Medihoney Paste on 8/19/19 on lower leg ulcerations secondary to chronic Venous stasis, & after cutting leg (superficial) on corner of cardboard box. Used Neosporin Ointment for 2 1/2 months, & let 1 wound care "doctor" apply silver Alginate dressing for 7 horrible, smelly days- it grew black/green Pseudomonas because his tech neglected to clean the leg 1st or use aseptic technique. I am a Clinical Nurse Specialist/RN. Are any of my above allergens in the Gel of Medihoney? Thank you so much. Maren JunkQuestion by: Maren Junk on Aug 23, 2019 11:08:00 AMWe are unable to confirm if there are any of the allergens you listed in the remaining 20% of this product. I would recommend contacting the manufacturer for further information.Answer by: Jessica Smith (Admin) on Aug 23, 2019 1:55:00 PM