Customers Also Bought
Medihoney HCS is a Hydrogel colloidal sheet dressing designed for first aid treatment and Wound Care Treatment. The Medihoney Dressings are used to treat burns. Approved by the FDA, this chronic would care product is an advanced wound and burn dressing with 63% Leptospermum Honey (Manuka Honey). Developed by Derma Sciences, Medihoney dressings do not require a prescription and can be purchased "over the counter". This wound dressing is primarily used for the treatment of first and second degree burns and is also a first choice to help manage chronic and stalled wounds. Medihoney Hydrogel Dressings can also be used to treat acute wounds. Formulated with Manuka Honey and hydrogel. These dressings do not adhere to the wound bed and help provide a moist wound environment to promote healing and to help clean and debride necrotic tissue.
This hydrogel dressing is available in three options--with an adhesive border, without an adhesive border, and a fenestrated dressing. Several dressing size options and configurations are available, including a square 2.4 x 2.4 Inch dressing, a 4.33 x 4.33 Inch square dressing, and an adhesive square dressing measuring 2.8 x 2.8 Inches with an additional 1-1/2 Inch border. There is also a 4.5 x 4.5 dressing with a 2.5 inch adhesive border. This dressing is cooling and soothing upon application. This hydrogel dressing works well with dry to moderately exuding superficial to partial thickness wounds.
Want to give Medihoney a try? Just click the following link to request a FREE SAMPLE of Medihoney.
Medihoney is available in four other options. These other options are displayed below:
- Medihoney Gel with 80% Active Leptospermum Honey
- Medihoney Paste with 100% Active Leptospermum Honey
- Medihoney Calcium Alginate with 95% Active Leptospermum Honey
- Medihoney Honeycolloid with 80% Active Leptospermum Honey
Medihoney Selection Chart
Product Features & Benefits
- Shown to help wound heal that have stalled under first-line treatment.
- Provides high osmolarity in cleansing and debridement.
- Low pH helps to decrease protease activity.
- Continues effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid.
- Designed for dry to moderately exuding superficial to partial thickness wounds.
- Cooling and soothing upon application.
- Absorbs 2.5 times more exudate than the leading hydrocolloid dressings.
- Employs Super Absorbent Polymer (SAP) technology.
- Available in non-adhesive, adhesive and fenestrated versions.
- Product Numbers: 31622, 31644, 31722, 31744.
- Dressing Options
- 2.4 x 2.4 Inch Dressing
- 4.33 x 4.33 Inch Dressing
- 2.8 x 2.8 Inch Pad, 4.3 x 4.3 Inch with adhesive border.
- 4.5 x 4.5 Inch Pad, 6 x 6 Inch with adhesive border.
- Active Leptospermum Honey (Manuka Honey).
- Leptospermum Honey constitutes 63%.
- Application: Dry to moderately exuding superficial to partial thickness wounds.
- HCPCS Code: A4649.
- Manufacturer: Derma Sciences.
- Brand: Medihoney.
Product Application Video (2:49 minutes)
Wound Preparation Guide (0.28 minutes)
Dressing Removal Guidelines (0:30 minutes)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Derma Sciences
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsHow frequently we need to change or replace the medihoney HCS patches?Question by: Yatin on Jan 27, 2016 5:30:28 AMHello Yatin: According to DermaScience, the manufacturer, “change frequency depends on the condition of the patient as well as the level of wound exudates. MEDIHONEY® dressings should be reapplied when the secondary dressing has reached its absorbent capacity or as directed by a wound care professional.”Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jul 1, 2016 1:57:00 PMHow long can the dressing stay in place...how often does this dressing need to be changed?Question by: Polly on Feb 21, 2016 7:33:05 PMWe can't accurately answer due to the manufacturer stating the changing times differ on a per person basis. We recommend contacting them for a clearer answer.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Aug 23, 2016 3:33:00 PM
Based on your history