Other Mepilex product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Molnlycke Mepilex Border with Safetac Technology, by Molnlycke Healthcare, is a multi-layered foam dressing that is designed to absorb wound discharge and protect the wound from infiltration of microorganisms. This dressing is an all-in-one bandage that will not need a secondary dressing to affix it to the skin, has its own absorbent properties, and will protect the wound from external microbes to make for an ideal healing environment.
Mepilex Border foam dressing is a type of foam dressing designed to create an optimal healing environment for moderate to heavy exuding wounds including pressure ulcers, leg and foot ulcers, traumatic wounds, and other open wounds. Mepilex Border includes a porous gel that is the first material to contact with the wound. This gel is stuck to the above absorbent material and will create a moist environment within the wound bed. The absorbent pad above wicks away the wound discharge and intersperses the moisture throughout the foam. The backing material will protect the wound from external infectious material, yet allows the wound ample air circulation. With supplemental moisture along with and a means of air circulation, an ideal 'climate' is created to promote healing.
Mepilex border adhesive utilizes the patented Safetac technology. This adhesive sticks well to the skin, yet will remove easily with little pain. The border minimizes the risk of infection and maceration by sealing the edges and keeping the exudate from escaping the dressing. The Safetac layer ensures that the dressing can be changed without damaging the wound or surrounding skin.
What is Safetac Technology?
- The low-stick adhesive is silicone-based.
- It does not stick to moist surfaces, like those found in wounds.
- Sticks to dry skin only.
- Repositioning is simple. Just remove it and place it down again. It does not lose any of its stickiness.
- The product pulls away from the skin without stripping cells.
- It minimizes the pain felt at dressing changes.
- That can help reduce stress and anxiety.
How does the Product Work?
- The dressing absorbs exudate, lifting it away from the wound.
- By keeping the exudate locked inside, the product lowers the risk of maceration in the surrounding skin.
- It helps maintain a moist wound environment that promotes healing.
- Dressing changes occur without any stripping of the skin or other additional damage to the Periwound.
- Secondary dressings are not required because the product is self-adhering.
- It lasts up to seven days, depending on wound conditions.
- Mepilex is compatible with compression bandages.
- This product absorbs and redirects pressure, helping to guard against pressure ulcers.
- The padding minimizes friction from rubbing, protecting delicate cells from damage.
How to Use
- Wash the wound and surrounding area.
- Dry thoroughly.
- Peel the backing from the product.
- Press down without stretching.
Product Features and Benefits
- The all-in-one dressing treats chronic wounds like pressure ulcers.
- The mix of foam, gel, and porous cover makes for an ideal healing climate.
- It is great for wounds with moderate to heavy exudate.
- The Safetac technology will allow a safe removal of the adhesive with low incidence of damaging the skin.
- Product Numbers: 295200, 295300, 295400, 295600, 295800, 295850, 295900
- Manufacturer: Molnycke
- Dressing Sizes (in inches): 3 x 3, 4 x 4, 6 x 6, 6 x 8, 4 x 8, 4 x 10, 4 x 12
- Banage Pad: 1.77 x 1.77, 2.56 x 2.56, 4.3 x 4.3, 4.17 x 6.3, 1.97 x 5.9, 1.97 x 9.84 inches
- Dressing Type: Foam Absorber
- Wound Types Treated: Wounds with Moderate to Heavy Exudate
Manuals and Documents
Mepilex Border in Ulcer Prevention Video (3:17 minutes)
- Additional Information