Customers Also Bought
Drawtex Dressing with LevaFiber Overview
Urgo Medical Drawtex Hydroconductive Wound Dressing with LevaFiber is a primary dressing for wounds with moderate to high levels of exudate. This Wound Dressing is made with LevaFiber technology. LevaFiber material has a cross-action structure made from two types of highly absorbent materials, which gives it the ability to draw exudate and contaminating particles away from the wound bed. This includes harmful bacteria, MMPs, slough, and necrotic debris. LevaFiber also features hydroconductive wound dressing debridement properties that lift and loosen adherent slough. These toxic components are taken up when the dressing is removed and changed. Importantly, while this dressing draws out unhealthy toxins and exudate, it leaves healthy granulation tissue intact. These LevaFiber technology features provide a cleaner wound environment for more effective Wound Care and faster healing. This makes this item a great chronic and acute wound treatment option. In addition, this item can be used to prepare the wound for wound closure and endogenous healing.
What Type of Dressing is Drawtex?
The material that makes up these bandages is soft to the touch to maximize user comfort. This bandage is non-adherent and is typically used as a primary dressing. However, this item can also be used as a secondary dressing if a perforated contact layer is needed. Since it is non-adherent, it works well under compression and secured with gauze. In addition, Drawtex can be stacked in multiple layers for extra absorbency and protection. This product is sterile unless opened or damaged.
Drawtex Wound Dressings are available in a variety of sizes and forms to cover an assortment of wounds. Both pre-cut sheets and roll forms are available. Pre-cut sheets come in sizes ranging between 2 x 2 inches and 8 x 8 inches, while Drawtex rolls come in a 4 x 39-inch size. Both forms of this product can be cut to fit wound-specific shapes.
What is Drawtex Dressing Used For?
- High Exudative Wounds
- Moderate Exudative Wounds
- Post-Operative Wounds
- Complex Surgical Wounds
- Pressure Ulcers
- Leg Ulcers
- Buruli Ulcers
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Cavity Wounds
- Difficult to Heal Wounds
- Non-Healing Wounds
- Acute Wounds
- Chronic Wounds
- Endogenous Healing
- Wound Closure
Why Choose this Product?
Drawtex's LevaFiber technology makes it stand apart from other wound dressings. This is because LevaFiber uses three mechanisms of action for superior wound exudate management. These include capillary, hydroconductive, and electrostatic actions. The dressing contains small pores that act as capillaries for capillary action. These pores allow the exudate, toxins, and debris to move into the dressing. Next, similar to how water is transported from a tree's roots to its leaves, hydroconductive action allows this dressing to lift and contain exudate against gravity. Finally, this dressing uses electrostatic action via the bandage's positive charge to effectively draw in negatively charged toxins such as cytokines and bacteria.
- Engage in any Wound Bed Preparation recommended by your healthcare practitioner if applicable.
- If the wound has moderate or high exudate, Drawtex can be used on its own. For dry or low-exudative wounds, use a perforated non-adherent contact layer. Cut and apply this contact layer if necessary.
- Cut the Drawtex so it can be fitted to the wound's shape.
- Apply the Drawtex bandage either directly over the wound or over the primary contact layer. Either side can be applied.
- Use a secondary dressing or bandage of your choice to secure the lower layers, such as the Coban Self Adherent Wrap.
- Change the bandages out every three days until the wound exudate is reduced. Dressings can be changed less often once the exudate is under control. Users may want to use saline to loosen adherent bandages so bandages are easy to remove and don't damage the wound bed.
Drawtex Application Video (2:17 minutes)
- Burns (1st and 2nd Degree)
- Complex Surgical Wounds
- Pressure Ulcers (Stages 2 - 4)
- Leg Ulcers
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Never use if arterial bleeding is present.
- This item is sterile unless packaging is broken or opened.
- Do not use this item if the packaging has been torn open or damaged.
- This is a single-use item. Never reuse this item.
- This item is for external use only.
- Always store in a dry and cool location.
If users are using this product over a dry or low-exudate wound bed, a non-adherent (perforated) wound dressing, such as Urgo's (Formerly Steadmed) Restore Silver, should be used as a bottom primary layer to prevent potential skin damage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Drawtex an alginate?
Yes, this dressing is an Alginate Bandage. This means it draws exudate away from the wound and absorbs it. It then turns it into a gel. Alginates create a moist wound environment to reduce bacterial growth and the likelihood of infection, encourage the development of granulated tissue, and accelerate healing.
Should I wash my wound every day?
Wounds should be washed with each dressing change; typically once a day. Talk to a health care practitioner about the best way to care for your wound type.
How often should the Drawtex be changed out?
In most cases, they should be changed once a day. However, Drawtex can be changed once every three days if the wound bed is healthy and the dressing isn't saturated with exudate before then. Follow a doctor's instruction.
Does this product reduce wound odor?
Yes, this product does help diminish wound odor.
Does this item help prevent maceration?
Yes, when used according to the manufacturer's instruction, this product draws exudate away from the wound and in doing so helps prevent maceration.
Is this an occlusive dressing?
No, it is not an occlusive dressing.
Does this product create a moist environment to accelerate healing?
Yes, it does create a moist wound environment.
Is this product hypoallergenic? Is it non-toxic?
Yes, an independent lab tested this product for skin, eye, and other irritations. Results showed that this product is both hypoallergenic and non-toxic.
- Manufacturer: Urgo Medical, formerly Steadmed
- Brand: Drawtex
- Product Numbers: D0505, D1010, D1520, D2020, D7575, R101
- Application: Wound Care
- Type: Alginate
- Absorbency: Heavy
- Styles: Cut-to-Fit Sheets and Rolls
- Sizes: 2 x 2, 3 x 3, 4 x 4, 6 x 8, 8 x 8, 4 x 49 Inch
- Material: LevaFiber
- Color: White
- Sterile: Yes
- Latex Free: Yes
- HCPCS Code: A6196
- UNSPSC: 42312401, 42000000
Manuals and Documents
- Product Brochure contains product benefits and specifications.
- Material Safety Data Sheet contains product safety information.
- Active Difference contains multidrug resistant pathogen data report.
- Active Mechanisms contains mechanistic effects data report.
- Wound Bed Preparation contains wound bed preparation data report.
Drawtex Dressing Video (5:57 minutes)
Drawtex: What does Drawtex have that other dressings don't? (1:34 minutes)
Equivalents and Alternatives
- 3M Tegaderm Superabsorber Dressing: A highly absorbent polymer resin-based dressing. It is sterile and can be used as either a primary or secondary wound dressing.
- MediHoney Alginate Dressing: This item contains honey and calcium alginate for faster healing. It is a great option for heavily exuding wounds.
- McKesson Calcium Alginate Dressing: A calcium alginate dressing for moderate to heavy exuding wounds.
- Allevyn Plus Cavity Perforated Film: A 4 x 4 inch non-adherent, perforated primary contact wound dressing. It protects the wound from secondary adhesive dressings and can be cut to shape.
- Bacitracin Ointment: A bacterial infection-preventing antibiotic topical medication. This first aid ointment comes in a one ounce tube and works for scrapes, cuts and burns.
- Medline Skintegrity Hydrogel Wound Dressing: A primary wound gel that contains hydrating glycerin and aloe vera. This gel works on a broad range of wound types and on any wound depth.
- SafeWash Saline Wound Wash: A sterile saline wound wash and preparation spray that can also be used to irrigate the wound bed for easy removal of adherent wound dressings. This item comes in a 7.5 oz spray bottle.
- Additional Information