Trigger Point Therapy Message Tools — Foam Rollers, Balls, Wheels
Vitality Medical offers a wide variety of trigger point massage tools for home or office. The body is a puzzle of intertwined muscles, joints and tendons. When an individual experiences "muscle knots," they are referring to myofascial trigger points. There are no actual knots involved (although that is what it feels like), but those "knots" are small patches of tightly contracted muscle or an isolated spasm. Trigger points can be a ruthless and are common medical complaints. They are often the key factor in neck pain, back pain and headaches.
Trigger points are known as "triple threats," making them clinically important:
- 1- Mimics Other Pain - Trigger points can feel like something else. For example, they may mimic a toothache or shin splints.
- 2- Complicate Existing Pain - They often make pre-existing pain worse, and in some cases they can begin to overshadow the original problem.
- 3- New-Unexplainable Pain - Trigger points can give you pain with no explanation or particular issue.
How to target trigger points and relieve pain - there are specific products that are made to help individuals combat the aches and pains that come along with pesky trigger points.
- Massage Roller
- Massage Bolster
- Massage Ball
- Actiball Massager
- Thera Cane Massager
- Foam Roller
- Bantoo Roller, Bodybone Roller and Hand-Held Roller
- Foot Wheel or Roller
- Stick Muscle Roller
- Ball/Rope Massager
- Massage Therapist's Thumb
- Acupressure Device
All of these products are designed to pinpoint specific aches within the body. They are perfect for existing muscle aches from trigger points or for targeting specific muscles after physical activity, which can help you avoid future issues.