Customers Also Bought
Securi-T Drainable Two-Piece Pouching Systems by Hollister (formerly Genairex) are ostomy pouches that come in a wide variety of customizable options. These Securi-T ostomy bags come in nine and twelve-inch options. Flanges come in 1.75, 2.25, and 2.75-inch sizes. Each pouching system comes with belt tabs and single curved tail closure. These ostomy bags are drainable, meaning that they are reusable and do not need to be changed out as often as closed-end pouches. They are also easier to empty when they do need to be changed. These bags are a great choice for patients who produce semi-solid or liquid waste.
These drainable ostomy pouches are opaque, which means they both better match the color of some user's skin and conceal the contents of the pouch. This design is more discrete than transparent pouches. Some purchasers may be more interested in the caregiver-friendly, Transparent Securi-T Drainable Pouch for Two-Piece Pouching Systems as they are easier to check for content. These transparent ostomy bags come with or without filter and filter covers.
Vitality Medical also carries a number of ostomy wafers for two-piece pouching systems, such as the Securi-T Extended Wear Wafer. Keep in mind that flange sizes must match on between pouches and wafers to connect.
What Are the Advantages of a Two-Piece Ostomy Bag System?
Two-piece ostomy systems allow for less frequent skin barrier (sometimes called wafers or flanges) changes. As opposed to a one-piece ostomy system, the two-piece system allows the ostomy bag to be changed out frequently while the skin barrier portion of the system only needs to be changed every two to four days. This translates to less irritation and skin break down. Users with sensitive skin will fare better with two-piece ostomy pouch systems. This factor also makes this type of ostomy system more adaptable. For instance, when users need to change out the size of an ostomy bag, such as in cases when a larger bag might be warranted for sleep or when a smaller, more discrete bag for activities such as swimming, two-piece systems make the change in bag size faster and easier.
In addition to these benefits, two-piece ostomy systems are often less costly than one-piece systems. While it may appear that two-piece systems are more expensive, they may save buyers over time. While one-piece systems require additional purchases such as barrier pastes, adhesive removers, and tape, two-piece systems do not accumulate add-on costs, nor as much upkeep. It is not uncommon for users to purchase both types of ostomy bags to suit varying situational needs.
Tips for Ensuring Proper Adhesion of a Two-Piece Ostomy System
- Do not use creams or lotions around the stoma or the ostomy system will not adhere to the skin.
- Ensure that the skin is completely clean and dry when applying an ostomy system.
- It may be helpful to hold wrinkled skin taut to ensure stable adhesion.
- Change the ostomy bag whenever it is half full. Otherwise, the bag may grow to be too heavy and unbind itself from the skin.
- Medications may change the adhesion of ostomy systems.
Features and Benefits
- Reusable Ostomy Pouch System
- Comes in Two Sizes (9 and 12 Inch)
- Flange Sizes Range Between 1.75 and 2.75 Inches
- Belt Tabs Included
- One Single Curved Tail Closure Included
- Less Frequent Bag Changes
- Less Frequent Flange Changes
- Size Adaptable
- Opaque Color
- Concealed Pouch Contents
- Discrete Design
- Less Harsh on Skin than One-Piece Systems
- Quick and Painless Change Out
- Great Choice for More Active Users
- Great Choice for Users Who Have Semi-Solid or Liquid Waste
- Manufacturer: Hollister
- Brand: Securi-T
- Item Numbers: 7209134, 7209214, 7209234, 7212134, 7212214, 7212234
- Function: Ostomy Pouch
- Type: Two-Piece
- Included: Pouch, Belt Tabs, 1 Curved Tail Closure
- Bag Sizes: 9 Inch, 12 Inch
- Flange Sizes: 1.75, 2.25, 2.75
- Drainable: Yes
- Color: Opaque
- Additional Information
- Manuals & Documents
Manuals and Documents