Using Securi-T Flat Wafers for Two-Piece Pouching Systems saves you time when it comes to changing out your ostomy bag. Just snap off the old pouch. You can give your wafer a quick wipe if you desire and then snap the bag into place.
Each Hollister Flat Wafer for Two-Piece Pouching System comes loaded with adhesive to create a good seal with the skin around your stoma. You can choose between cut-to-fit or pre-cut options. The last three digits of the product number indicate both the size of the flange and the corresponding pouch.
Advantages of Using Wafers
You can leave the wafter of a two-piece system attached longer while changing out just the bag, reducing the strain on your skin when compared with using one-piece systems.
Securi-T flat ostomy wafers allow you to change the size of your bag on the fly. Snap a small pouch on for swimming or use a large one for the night. Fast changeouts give you more time to do everything else.
How to Use and Apply
- Clean the area around your stoma with warm water and mild soap.
- For Cut-to-Fit Wafers, use your guide to cut the center hole to the right size and shape.
- Center the hole of your wafer over the stoma.
- Push the wafer into place.
- Peel the paper backing from one side of the wafer.
- Work that side of the wafer with your fingers to make it stick.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Once the wafer is sticking, press firmly for 30 to 60 seconds to activate the adhesive.
- Snap the pouch into place.
How Often Do You Need to Change a Wafer?
- For standard wafers, change out every two to three days.
- For extended wear, change out at least every five to six days.
How to Clean
Securi-T Two-Piece Pouching Ostomy Wafers don't usually need cleaning. When one does, clean it using warm water and a clean cloth. Wipe away any residue. Throw the rag away or launder it at once.
Complementary Ostomy Accessories
Features and Benefits
- Durability - Fewer Changes Result in Healthier Skin
- Product Numbers Indicate Perfect Matches Between Wafers and Pouches
- Pre-Cut for Convenience
- Cut-to-Fit Option to Easily Match the Size and Shape of Stoma
- Snaps Together with a Pouch to Form a Seal
- Manufacturer: Hollister
- Brand: Securi-T
- Product Numbers: 7204134, 7205214, 7205234, 7322134, 7325134, 7329134, 7332134, 7804134, 7805214, 7805234
- Wafer Size: 4-1/4 Inches x 4-1/4 Inches, 5 Inches x 5 Inches
- Flange Sizes: 1-3/4, 2-1/4
- Colors: White or Tan
- Fits Stoma Size: 7/8 Inches to 2-1/4 Inches
- Packaging: Individual Wrapped
- Units/Box: 10
- Latex-Free: Yes
- Application: Ostomy Pouch Wafters