Customers Also Bought
The Proactive Medical Protekt Aire 6000 Advantage
What is an alternating air pressure mattress?
Alternating pressure mattresses alternate mattress cell air inflation pressure so that there is never continuous pressure on any one part of the body. Due to this face, the risk of patient pressure ulcers is greatly reduced when these mattresses are used.
Why Choose this Alternating Air Mattress?
Protekt Aire 6000 Low Air Loss/Alternating Pressure Mattress System by Proactive Medical is a preferred Home and Hospital Air Mattress choice when it comes to treating bed sores and stage I-IV pressure ulcers. By combining low air loss and alternating pressure therapies, the Protekt Aire 6000 delivers an unparalleled pressure redistribution surface.
Protekt Aire 6000 Low Air Loss/Alternating Pressure Mattress features a unique cell-on-cell design that ensures that the mattress will hold air in the lower cells, even in the event of a power outage. These cells inflate rapidly to make the set-up process quick and easy. It is also designed with a breathable pillow top cover that provides a dry, cool, and comfortable sleeping surface. In addition, an anti-skid bottom stabilizes this Medical Mattress to prevent it from sliding off of its bed frame. This mattress can hold up to 450 pounds of weight at a time.
In addition to these benefits, this product includes a powerful, yet quiet, 8 LPM pump with a straightforward LED interface. This panel gives users ultimate control over their Pressure Ulcer Therapy experience and includes controls and settings for low air loss, alternate pressure, automatic firmness, and static modes. It also has four alternating cycle time options, so users can choose between 10, 15, 20, and 25-minute cycle options. It also includes a seat inflation function that protects patients when they are in the fowler position. finally, this item has both audible and visual alarms that sound and flash whenever pressure becomes dangerously low, the alternating mode fails, or when a power failure occurs to combat hazards to patient safety. The Protekt Aire 6000 makes an excellent choice for any hospital or care facility and is available with or without raised side rails.
Vitality Medical wants to ensure the most comfortable bed stay possible, which is why we also carry the Carex Contour Memory Foam Pillow for improved posture and increased comfortability during long bed stays.
What Comes in the Box?
Features and Benefits
- Dual-Therapy Air Mattress System
- Customizable Therapy
- Helps Prevent Pressure Ulcers
Proactive Medical Protekt Aire Mattress and Cover
- Skil-Care Wipe-Clean Pressure Ulcer Boot: A boot that floats the heel to prevent contact and relieve pressure. This boot has ez-release hook and loop straps and is extra easy to clean.
- Invacare Full-Electric Homecare Bed: A fully adjustable electric bed that is great for both hospital and home use.
- Medline: A natural, leptospermum honey-based wound dressing that is indicated for several wound types, including pressure ulcers. The honey in this product has helpful antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties. This dressing is perfect for all wound thicknesses (superficial to full-thickness) and for stalled and chronic wounds.
Protekt Aire 6000 Alternating Pressure Mattress Guide
- Home Care
- Long-Term Care
- Pain Management
- Pressure Ulcer Prevention
This product should not be used by users who:
- are undergoing cervical traction treatment.
- are undergoing skeletal traction treatment.
- have an unstable spinal cord injury.
Proactive Medical Mattress Pump Functions
- Power Switch
- Press Cycle Time
- Press Pressure Range
- Alarm Mute
- Alternate Mode
- Static Mode
- Max Firm
- Seat Inflate
- Lock Button
Protekt Aire 6000 System Care and Use Instructions
Note: Avoid sun exposure throughout the cleaning process. Long exposure to sunlight could damage the product.
How to Install the Protekt Aire 6000 Alternating Pressure Mattress and Pump
- Lay the mattress across the bed frame with the foot print picture and inflation tube at the foot end of the bed. Ensure that the mattress lies flat and is fitted inside the frame.
- Use a cotton sheet to cover the mattress to ensure the user's skin does not make direct contact with the mattress and to prevent friction.
- Hang and stabilize the pump on the foot board at the bed's end.
- Locate the mattress inflation tubes and securely attach them to the inflation nozzles on the pump. Ensure the CPR valve is attached correctly and the air hoses are free from the mattress and not kinked.
- Ensure voltage compatibility before connecting the pump to power. Plug the power cable into a grounded AC power outlet. Ensure the product is grounded.
- Flip the power switch on the top right side of the pump to initiate use. See the instruction manual listed near the bottom of this page for a full set of use guidelines.
- When the product is not in use, disconnect the power cord from the pump.
How to Clean the Protekt Aire 6000 Pump
- Clean this product and check for damage once a week.
- Detach the pump from the bedframe and do a damage assessment. Move it to an area set up for cleaning and set it down on a work surface such as a table or counter.
- Without spraying the pump directly, use a quaternary ammonium solution (do not use Phenolic or Hypocarbonate-based cleaners or risk damage to the unit) to gently wipe the pump case down.
- Spray a cloth with the cleaning solution and wipe the faceplate off. Be careful not to allow excess solution to on the faceplate or control panel. It could seep inside the unit and damage it.
- Let the pump air dry.
- Once it has dried completely, plug the unit in and make sure it continues to work properly.
- Unplug the pump and store with an identification tag.
How to Clean the Mattress Cover
- Use a soap and water solution to wipe the cover sheet down.
- If blood spots occur, use a 1 part bleach to 9 parts water solution to wet the spots. Let the cover sheet dry for ten minutes or longer. Dab again with a clean cloth that has been dampened with just water.
- Unzip and remove the top cover from the mattress.
- Soak in a disinfectant solution according to cleaning product instructions and healthcare facility guidelines.
- Put the cover in a washing machine. Run a regular rinse and wash cycle at 98° ° F to rinse the disinfectant off.
- Run the washer again, this time at 78° ° or the coldest setting and with a mild detergent.
- Dry at a 90° ° - 120° ° temperature. Ensure it has dried completely before use or storage.
How to Clean the Air Mattress
- Unsnap the air cells.
- Spray all sides of the mattress, the base, and all hoses and tubes with a disinfectant. Let the disinfectant sit for as long as the cleaning product directions and healthcare facility guidelines instruct.
- Wipe the disinfectant off with a clean cloth.
- Allow the mattress to air dry on a flat surface and without sun exposure.
- Turn the carrying bag inside out and wipe it down with the disinfectant solution.
- Keep the carrying bag turned inside out and allow it to air dry.
- Once the inside of the bag is dry, turn it outside in once again and wipe the outside down with a disinfectant.
- All the outside of the bag to air dry.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do hospitals use air mattresses?
Hospitals use air mattresses to help prevent patient bed sores.
What is the difference between low air loss and alternating pressure mattress?
Low air loss mattresses are designed to provide airflow to relieve pressure and to keep the patient dry and cool, while alternating air pressure mattresses alternate the amount of air in different parts of the mattress so there is never constant pressure against any part of the body. The Protekt Aire 6000 is the best of both worlds.
Does Medicare pay for alternating pressure mattress?
Vitality Medical does not accept Medicare or private at this time. This is to keep costs and prices low for those who need supplementary products and for products that insurances won't cover. However, because alternating pressure mattresses are sometimes covered by Medicare, users may, in some instances, be reimbursed by Medicare for their purchase at a later date. Contact Medicare with the HCPCS code of the air mattress of choice to find out if that item is reimbursable.
Can a fitted sheet be put on a low air loss mattress?
Yes, most low air loss mattresses can be used with fitted sheets. Because this mattress is designed for air flow, it is recommended to choose sheets that accommodate this benefit. The manufacturer recommends the use of cotton sheets with this mattress to prevent direct skin contact and friction.
Protekt Aire 6000 Manuals and Documents
- Product Flyer contains product details.
- Product Manual contains use and care instructions.
- Manufacturer: Proactive Medical
- Brand: Protekt Aire
- Item Number: 80060, 80065
- Application: Pressure Ulcer Treatment Device
- Type: Alternating Pressure Air Mattress
- Style: Low Air Loss
- HCPCS: E0277
- Height: 8 Inch
- Width: 36 Inch
- Length: 80 Inch
- Mattress Material: Nylon/PVC
- Color: Navy Blue
- Weight Capacity: 350 lbs
- Height: 8.3 Inch
- Width: 4.9 Inch
- Length: 12.2 Inch
- Weight: 5.5 lbs
- Air Cells: 20/21
- Cycle Times: 10, 15, 20, 25 Min
- Modes: Static, Alternate, Seat Inflate
- Air Output: 8 Liters/Minute
This product includes a 2-year, non-prorated warranty.
Notice: For the health and safety of our customers we cannot accept a return on a mattress once it has been used.
- Additional Information