Customers Also Bought
Omron Bluetooth Wireless Blood Pressure (BP) Monitoring Technology
Omron Blood Pressure Monitor uses Bluetooth wireless technology to provide a dual display on the monitor. This side-by-side display provides the last reading adjacent to the current reading for an immediate comparison. It allows users to quickly see blood pressure trends. During BP measurements, user breathing and movement have less effect, giving users more accurate results. This device records and stores up to 200 readings or up to 100 readings each for two users. The Omron Model BP7450 utilizes a pre-formed Easy-Wrap ComFit Cuff that adjusts to fit an arm circumference of 9 to 17 inches to accommodate most users. Unlike many competitor models, the Omron 7450 blood pressure monitor measures five times more data to provide more consistent and precise readings.
A Stanford medical research of a patient-centered blood pressure workflow study utilized this monitor. Noted within the study are the following observations.
Many clinicians continue to diagnose hypertension based on office readings, despite the 2015 United States Preventive Services Task Force recommendation for the use of home or ambulatory blood pressure monitoring to confirm the diagnosis of hypertension before initiating treatment. Without obtaining blood pressure readings outside of the clinic environment, it is impossible to diagnose hypertension correctly, particularly regarding masked hypertension and white coat hypertension.
The screenings mirrored a 2017 AHA and ACC Guideline for the Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Management of High Blood Pressure in Adults. The Stanford School of Medicine sponsored 30 brachial Omron 10 series blood pressure devices (Omron Model BP7450) to monitor improvement. This model had been inspected and cleared by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and clinically validated according to protocols from the European Society of Hypertension – International Protocol and the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation.1
The Omron 10 Series provides TruRead Technology that allows for automatic consecutive readings at customized intervals ranging from 15, 30, 60, or 120 seconds between readings. The display offers an average of the consecutive readings for more accurate diagnostics. Accurate measurements are the key to diagnosing problematic hypertension.
BP Monitor Display
The monitor offers a backlit LCD. This high-contrast screen provides extra-large numbers for easy reading. Blood pressure results are easy to read and interpret.
Easy-Wrap ComFit Cuff
Reducing measurement inconsistencies and errors is a part of the design of each element of this BP monitor. A pre-formed cuff offers an easy wrap around the upper arm for accurate measurements. The cuff is adjustable to different arm sizes to meet the needs of individual patients. Cuff inflation occurs for the total arm circumference and not just a portion.
Irregular Heartbeat and Hypertension Detection
The Omron 10 Series Monitor displays an irregular heartbeat symbol when detecting abnormal readings. The warning alerts the user of irregular activity. Additionally, a hypertension indicator shows a
HIGHsymbol if the systolic measurement reaches 130 mmHg or above. It also warns when the diastolic measurement reaches 80 mmHg or above.
Accuracy and Validation
This Omron blood pressure monitor meets the strict requirements of the American Medical Association (AMA) and the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago (NORC). It also meets the criteria for clinical accuracy by the US Blood Pressure Validated Device Listing. This device meets clinical validation for use with type II diabetes patients.
- Omron 10 Series Blood Pressure Monitor
- Easy Wrap ComFit Cuff
- AC Adapter (HEM-ADPTW5)
- Four AA Batteries
- Instruction Manual
- Quick Start Guide
Product Features & Benefits
- No. 1 Recommended Brand
- Multiple User Memory
- Irregular Heartbeat Detection
- High Blood Pressure Detection
- Sync With Smartphone
- Large Digit Screen Display
- Data Averaging Function
- Auto Inflate, Auto Deflate
- Blood Pressure Risk Category Indicator
- One-Size-Fits-Most Cuff
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- Battery and AC Operation
- Large Data Storage Capacity
- Product Number: BP 7450
- Reference Number: HEM-7342T-Z
- Width: 5.5 Inches
- Length 4.1 Inches
- Height 3.1 Inches
- Weight: Monitor – 16.6 Ounces(Not Including Batteries), Cuffs – 5.8 Ounces
- Cuff Circumference: Adjustable 9 to 17 Inches
- Data Storage: 200 Recordings, 100 per User
- Display: LCD Digital
- Cuff Pressure: 0 to 299 mmHg
- SYS: 60 to 260 mmHg
- DIA: 40 to 215 mmHg
- Pulse Measurement Range: 40 to 180 Beats per Minute
- Accuracy Pressure: ±3 mmHg
- Pulse: ±5% of Display Reading
- Inflation: Automatic by Electric Pump
- Deflation: Automatic Pressure Release Valve
- Measurement Method: Oscillometric
- Transmission Method: Bluetooth® Low-Energy Technology
- Frequency range: 2.4 GHz (2400 - 2483.5 MHz)
- Modulation: GFSK
- Effective Radiated Power: < 20 dBm
- Operation Mode: Continuous
- IP Classification Monitor: IP 20
- AC Adapter: IP21
- Rating: DC6 V 4.0 W
- Power Source: 4 AA Batteries, 1.5 V or AC Adapter
- AC 100 - 240 V 50 - 60 Hz 0.12 - 0.065 A
- Battery Life: Approximately 700 Measurements (Using New Alkaline Batteries)
- Monitor: 5 Years
- Arm Cuff: 5 Years
- AC Adapter: 5 Years
- Meets AAMI, ESH, and BHS Standards
- Meets Validation Protocols: ANSI and ISO 81060-2:2009
- Made in Japan
- Manufacturer: Omron
Monitor Dimensions Blood Pressure Measurements Wireless Communication Operation Expected Service Life
The Omron Blood Pressure Monitor (excluding the arm cuff, AC adapter, and batteries) comes with a warranty to be free from defects in materials and workmanship within five years from the date of purchase when used under the instructions provided with the monitor. The arm cuff and AC adapter come with a warranty to be free from defects in materials and workmanship appearing within one year from the date of purchase when used under the instructions provided with the monitor. The above warranty extends only to the original purchaser.
Product Operating Procedures
- Push down on the hook of the battery cover and pull the cover downward.
- Insert four AA batteries in the battery compartment.
- Close the battery cover.
- The year should flash on display.
AC Adapter Use
- Ensure that the monitor is near an AC outlet.
- Keep batteries in the monitor at all times, even while using AC power.
- Insert the AC adapter plug into the AC adapter jack on the right side of the monitor.
- Plug the AC adapter into an electrical outlet.
Date and Time Settings
- Set the date and time before taking any measurements.
Date and time will automatically set when the monitor is paired with the "Omron Connect" app.
- Enable Bluetooth on the smartphone.
- Download and install the free Omron Connect app on a smartphone.
- Open the application on the smartphone and pair with the monitor.
- Confirm that the monitor connects with the smartphone.
- Press the BP [START/STOP] button to turn the monitor on or off.
Arm Cuff Application
- Plug the arm cuff into the BP monitor by inserting the air plug into the air jack securely until it clicks.
- Apply the arm cuff to the left upper arm.
- Ensure that the air tube is on the inside of the arm and wrap the cuff securely, so it can not move around.
- Take measurements while relaxed and comfortable, seated in a room at a comfortable temperature. Place left arm on the table.
- Sit in a comfortable chair with back and arm support.
- Keep feet flat and legs uncrossed.
- Place the arm cuff on the left arm at the same level as the heart, with the arm resting comfortably on a table.
Omron BP7450 Reviews
Omron manufactures other wireless BP monitors. Links to these devices are below.
- BP7900 Complete Wireless with EKG Monitor
- BP7350 7 Series Wireless
- BP7250 5 Series Wireless
- Evolv Wireless
Omron Wireless 7 and 10 Series BP Monitors Video (3:39 minutes)
Simple BP Monitoring Video (0:20 minutes)
#1 Recommended Blood Pressure Monitors – Omron (0:23 minutes)
Blood Pressure Monitors for Active People Video (0:23 minutes)
- 1 Asmus, Theresa La Guardia. Evaluating the Clinical Impact of Providing Home Blood Pressure Monitors to Patients with Elevated or High Blood Pressure. (2020). (Last Accessed July-8-2020)
Vitality Medical carries many other Blood Pressure Monitors and Accessories, including cuffs and sphygmomanometers & aneroids
Manuals and Documents
- Instruction Manual for user setup and operation
- Electromagnetic product information
- Chart of Accessories for Omron blood pressure devices
- Omron BP Device Comparison Chart provides a side-by-side analysis
- Omron Connect Compatibility with smartphone device brands
- Additional Information