Customers Also Bought
First Crush Pill Crusher grinds, mixes, and serves medications within the same cup for more precise and consistent patient dosages. The new Gen2 model has six patents, including the ´Dual Crush & Grind´ system. This closed grinding system reduces cross-contamination and eliminates airborne powder residue to increase patient and staff safety. Grinding tablets and pills to fine powder makes it easier for many patients and pets to swallow medications. The fine-ground powder also offers simplified administration for enteral feeding.
Multiple Power Sources
First Crush Gen2 Automated Pill Crusher is an automatic pill grinder that uses household current or rechargeable batteries to operate. It comes with an AC power adapter that plugs into your wall outlet and with a battery pack that provides up to 300 crushes per charge. The crusher has an auto-off function that conserves battery life.
Grinding and Dosing Cups
First Crush Electric Pill Crusher uses two cups for simple crushing and administration of medications. One cup is the bottom serving cup, and the second is a top grinding cup. Both cups are FDA-cleared with an antistatic coating. This coating allows effortless pouring of the medication, leaving little or no residue. Patients get more of their prescribed dosage than with competing pill crushers. These two cups are disposable and easily replaceable.
First Wave Products Gen2 First Crush Components
- Tablet Grinder
- AC Power Cord
- Battery Pack (NiMH "AA" Batteries)
- Grinding Cup
- 1 Serving Cup
- 1 Grinding Cup
Powerful Electric Tablet Grinder
Gen2 Automatic Pill Crusher is simple to use. You can crush multiple pills at once and use the serving cup to administer directly to the patient or transfer to food or drink — hospitals, nursing homes, and home care use this automated pill crusher.
Advantages of an Electric Tablet Grinder
- Provides more accurate dosing
- Product mixes better for enteral feeding
- Assists pill grinding for people with arthritis or other loss of dexterity.
- Minimizes feeding tube clogging
- Static-free tablet crushing
- One button activation
- Eliminates chunks
Product Features & Benefits
- Crushes multiple pills at once
- Simple to use
- 1-button activation grinds pills into a fine improved
- Crush, mix and serve from the same cup
- Overload protection
- Provides more than 300 crushes on an average battery charge
- Crushes, mixes, and serves medication in one cup for accurate dosing
- Closed grinding system
- Eliminates air-borne residue and reduces cross-contamination
- Antistatic-coated medication cups
- Crush, mix and serve in the same cup to avoid transfer of powder
- Fine powder lowers patient rejection
- Reduces clogging of feeding tubes
- Fully automated function
- Safe and sanitary
- Serving cup with MED-SHIELD, an FDA cleared anti-static coating that eliminates cross-contamination.
- Quiet and quick operation
- Effortless pill crushing
- Dual crush and grind system
- Fully automatic
- Quick operation
- 300 crushes per battery charge
- Auto-off function
- Power indicator LED light
- Low battery indicator
- Thermal and current overload protection
- AC power supply
- Replacement cups available separately
- Quiet operation
- Product Numbers: FW2B-1, FIWFW2B24
- Width: 5.5 Inch
- Height: 7.875 Inch
- Depth: 6.625 Inch
- Weight: 5 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 8 lbs.
- Cup Capacity: 41.25 mL
- AC Adapter: 120-240V, 18V output
- Battery: Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH, AA battery pack)
- 14 VDC, 1500 mAh 14.4 VDC
- Warranty: 12 months for manufacturing defect
Seven Simplified Use Instructions
- Place pills or tablets in the serving cup.
- Place the serving cup in the bottom of the crushing chamber.
- Place the crushing cup over the top of the serving cup.
- Close the lid and press the “On” button to start the crushing cycle.
- When crushing is complete, open the lid and remove the serving and crushing cup.
- Serve the patient directly from the serving cup or mix with water, juice, applesauce, or other drink or food item. The serving cup may also be used to sprinkle the medication unto food or into a glass to mix with a drink.
- Wash the serving and crushing cup in mild soapy water and dry before reuse.
First Wave Products Gen2 Automatic Pill Grinder Review Video (6:26 minutes)
Gen2 Tablet Grinding Operation Video (3:01 minutes)
- Additional Information