DeVilbiss 5 Liter Concentrator with Oxygen Sensor (product ID #525DS)
DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator is the smallest size home oxygen concentrator on the market. That makes the DeVilbiss Concentrator easier to transfer from room to room. The small size of this concentrator makes it less obtrusive in the home and produces an oxygen output of 5 liters per minute (LPM). Containing a recessed humidifier nook, this home oxygen concentrator is equipped with a two-piece cabinet for ease of maintenance. The DeVilbiss Home Oxygen Concentrator is feature rich and comes at a low price, making it our best selling home oxygen machine. In fact, the DeVilbiss Concentrator ranked first in a first in a Comparison of the Top 10 Home Oxygen Concentrators. DeVilbiss Oxygen 5 Liter Concentrator comes with a 3 year warranty. This at-home concentrator is ideal for patients who lead an active lifestyle.
5 Liter Concentrator with Oxygen Sensor Components
- 5 Liter Concentrator
- Oxygen Sensor
- Three Year Warranty
DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator Features
DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator Features & Benefits
- Robust design for improved durability.
- Exclusive DeVilbiss OSD® (Oxygen Sensing Device) standard on every unit — increases accuracy and reliability for longer service intervals.
- Exceptional compressor durability.
- Quiet operation.
- Intake filter features a translucent back to allow technician to quickly determine if the filter is dirty.
- Readily accessible patient controls and protected cannula fitting.
- Low maintenance requirements - weekly cabinet filter cleaning.
- Recessed humidifier nook prevents damage.
- Easy to assemble/disassemble two-piece cabinet for ease of maintenance.
- Lockable flow meter.
- Low, pediatric flow meter available by special order (515LF-607). Call 800-397-5899.
- Proven rotary valve design.
- Convenient top and side handles for easy transport.
- Accommodates up to a 50-foot cannula (15.3 meters).
- Pressure-compensated flow meter to ensure accurate flow display.
- Pressure-relief valve and thermal protection on the compressor.
- Flame-retardant cabinet.
- Double insulated unit; two-prong plug.
- Alarm functions do not require a battery.
- Lowest price 5 liter oxygen concentrator.
- Ranked #1 in concentrator review and comparison. Top 10 Home Oxygen Concentrator Review
- Top seller.
DeVilbiss 5 Liter Oxygen Concentrator Specifications
DeVilbiss Concentrator with Oxygen Sensor Specifications
- DeVilbiss Concentrator Product Number: 525DS.
- Weight: 37 Pounds.
- Width: 14 Inches.
- Height: 23 Inches.
- Depth: 12 Inches.
- Noise: 48 dBA.
- Oxygen Output (max): 5 LPM.
- Oxygen Outlet Pressure: 8.5 psig.
- Oxygen Purity: 93 Percent +/- 3 Percent.
- Power Consumption: 310W (270W @ 2.5 LPM or less).
- Manufacturer: DeVilibiss.
- Manufactured in the USA.
- HCPCS Code: E1390.
Oxygen Concentrator Additional Resources
Oxygen Concentrator Resources
Certified Oxygen Concentrator Specialist - Questions about the DeVilbiss 5 Liter Concentrator or any of the other oxygen concentrators can be answered by telephone with one of our Certified Oxygen Concentrator Specialist. These trained specialists are re-evaluated every six months to ensure they are on top of the latest technology and the newest oxygen therapy delivery devices. These certified specialist can help you with questions about pulse flow oxygen, continuous flow oxygen, oxygen concentration levels, high altitude operation, oxygen therapy while traveling, as well as questions about specific concentrator specifications. Call toll free to 800-397-5899 to reach one of our Certified Oxygen Concentrator Specialist.
Rental Program - If you would like to "kick the tires" by trying out a particular concentrator before actually purchasing it, try our rental program. Vitality Medical rents by the week with no limitation on the number of weeks. Try before you buy and take all the time you need to test, try and learn how to use one of the leading edge portable oxygen concentrators on the market. Often oxygen patients want to take a portable oxygen concentrator with them while traveling since home oxygen concentrators are too bulky and do not work with many foreign power grids. Vitality Medical has several lightweight portables approved by the FAA for airline travel that can be operated 24/7 while on your vacation. Call today for details at 800-397-5899.
Vitality Medical Buy Back Program - Not 100% satisfied with the concentrator you purchased? Let us make it right! Vitality Medical will buy your concentrator back and help you determine a better fit.
Oxygen Concentrator Loaner Program - Should your concentrator need to be repaired, Vitality Medical provides a concentrator on-loan for you to use while your concentrator is repaired. Whether your concentrator is under warranty or not, our customers have access to the Vitality Medical Loaner Program.
Easy Warranty Processing - Should your oxygen concentrator require repair while it is under warranty, just give us a call on our toll free line to set up your warranty repair at 800-397-5899. Remember, Vitality Medical offers a free loaner while your concentrator is being repaired. Warranty processing is only for concentrators purchased from Vitality Medical.
Oxygen Concentrator Rankings and Comparison Charts - If you would like to see a list of the top ranking oxygen concentrator choices along with detailed reviews, concentrator rankings and side-by-side comparisons, visit the links to our oxygen comparison studies below for detailed information.
- Oxygen Concentrator Expertise at Vitality Medical
- Comparison Chart of the Top 5 Liter Oxygen Concentrators displays oxygen performance, size, weight, operating factors and dependability.
- Case R, Hausmann R. Use of a portable oxygen concentrator with a fixed minute volume oxygen conserving device to deliver oxygen to exercising pulmonary rehabilitation patients (abstract). Respir Care 2005;50(11):1510.
- Chatburn RL, Williams TJ. Performance comparison of 4 portable oxygen concentrators. Respir Care 2010;55(4):433–442.
- Leblanc CJ, Lavallée LG, King JA, Taylor-Sussex RE, Woolnough A, McKim DA. A comparative study of 3 portable oxygen concentrators during a 6-minute walk test in patients with chronic lung disease. Respir Care. 2013 Oct;58(10):1598-605. doi: 10.4187/respcare.02275. Epub 2013 Apr 2.
- McCoy R, Petty T, Gay P. Respironics white paper. Comparison of three portable oxygen concentrators on exercising patients. Andover, MA: Philips Respironics; 2008.
- O'Donnell DE, Hernandez P, Kaplan A, Aaron S, Bourbeau J, Marciniuk D, et al. Canadian Thoracic Society recommendations for management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease - 2008 update - highlights for primary care. Can Respir J 2008;15(Suppl A):1A–8A.
- Nasilowski J, Przybylowski T, Zielinski J, Chazan R. Comparing supplementary oxygen benefits from a portable oxygen concentrator and a liquid oxygen portable device during a walk test in COPD patients on long-term oxygen therapy. Respir Med 2008;102(7):1021–1025.
- Petty TL, Bliss PL. Ambulatory oxygen therapy, exercise, and survival with advanced chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (the Nocturnal Oxygen Therapy Trial revisited). Respir Care 2000;45(2):204–211.
- William C. Pruitt. Long-Term Oxygen Therapy: In a Perfect World. Respir Care, October 2013 58:10 1711-1713
DeVilbiss Concentrator Resources
- DeVilbiss 5 Liter Oxygen Concentrator Brochure provides the features and benefits of this oxygen device.
- Oxygen Concentrator User Instruction Guide offers guidence in operating and maintaining the DeVilbiss Concentrator.
- DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator Maintenance Log is a handy matrix to record maintenance performed on your oxygen machine.
- 5 Liter Oxygen Concentrator Troubleshooting Guide displays common symtoms and easy fixes.
- 525DS Concentrator Specifications offers a chart with key specificaitons for this stationary 5 liter oxygen concentrator.
- DeVilbiss Manufacturer's Web Page describing the 525DS Compact Home Oxygen Concentrator.
DeVilbiss 5 Liter Oxygen Concentrator Shipping Video (2:20 minutes)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer DeVilbiss Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsDo The Expelled gases from this machine concentrate within the home and cause breathing problems for others within the home? We have a Nuvo Light Mark V currently, since the machine has been in the home everyone has been experiencing headaches and tiredness.Question by: Craig on Mar 19, 2016 2:37:31 PMAccording to a statement from the manufacturer: The gasses expelled from a concentrator are what is found in normal air less the amount of O2 that the user has taken in. Unless there is none of extremely like circulation of air from the outside air there should be no problem. Any specific information about the concentrator they are using should be directed to the manufacture.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Feb 13, 2017 8:38:00 AMQuestion by: Pat earls on Jun 4, 2016 4:19:32 PMHello Mr. Earls: In order to accurately answer that question, multiple items need to be known. The answer is based on your LPM setting, the amount of hours the concentrator is being used, knowing how many watts are being used based on that usage, then using multiple (but simple) math solutions to come up with a total cost. For accurate information, we suggest researching American Medical Sales and Repair.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jun 29, 2016 3:24:00 PMCan more than one person use this and what other products would you need if they can? (not at the same time)Question by: Stacy on Jun 21, 2016 5:28:00 PMIt is possible to have more than one person use the same machine, though not at the same time. It's preferential to have separate masks and tubing as a precaution. If two people were to use it with an adapter, the oxygen received by each person would be greatly reduced.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Oct 31, 2016 3:12:00 PMQuestion by: Lee on Jul 3, 2016 11:58:00 PMThis item does not have a built-in humidifier. We recommend purchasing the Oxygen Starter Kit with this item if you don't already have accessories from a previous concentrator. http://www.vitalitymedical.com/invacare-oxygen-concentrator-starter-kit.htmlAnswer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Oct 18, 2016 2:07:00 PM
- Nothing so far