Customers Also Bought
Who Uses This Product? Individuals with lung disorders and who regularly purchase a replacement nebulizer to get aerosol medication directly into their lungs.
Why Give It a Try? The Philips SideStream Nebulizer features Venturi technology, which increases aerosol flow to speed up treatment time. It has minimal parts that are easy to clean.
Philips Respironics SideStream Nebulizer Overview
Philips Respironics SideStream Nebulizers are handheld devices that attach to a nebulizer compressor that converts the prescribed medication to a fine mist. The nebulizer maximizes delivery since the medicine is inhaled straight into the lungs where it's needed. Choose from highly efficient disposable and reusable kits that deliver 80% of drug output volume below 5 microns in size. Its superior flow stems from the Venturi system's unique design that speeds up medication delivery, resulting in a shorter therapy session.
SideStream Nebulizer Top Features
- Consistent High-Quality Aerosol
- Boosts Medication Output Volume
- Reusable and Disposable Options
- Venturi System Facilitates Optimal Flow
- Can Be Used With All Commonly Prescribed Respiratory Medications
- Minimal Parts To Dismantle and Clean
Faster Flow With the Venturi System Nebulizers
The Respironics Venturi system boasts a diamond design that utilizes five jet holes to keep air and liquid separate. This produces high-quality aerosol and delivers it faster. Traditional nebulizers use a single jet and are limited to the compressor's flow output. The Venturi system boosts the compressor's flow to deliver a flow rate of 16 liters per minute, meaning patients receive 2.5 mL of aerosol medication within seven minutes. This provides consistent and high-quality aerosol with each prescribed medication treatment.
SideStream Nebulizer Kit Options and Differences
For safety and efficiency reasons, the nebulizer kit is a consumable that should be replaced regularly. Plastic components naturally wear over time and replacing the kit ensures maximum medication delivery. Respironics provides a replacement recommendation for each type, but always inspect the parts and change out the nebulizer if it is noticeably worn, damaged, or the tubing is cracked.
- SideStream Reusable Nebulizers have a light blue lid and mouthpiece with a medicine cup and tubing. They are replaced after six months of use.
- SideStream Disposable Nebulizers have a dark blue lid with white mouthpiece, medicine cup, and tubing. They are replaced after two weeks of use.
SideStream Related Products
SideStream Nebulizer Compressors
- InnoSpire Elegance Compressor Nebulizer System requires less pressure to operate and is easy to maintain.
- InnoSpire Mini Compressor Nebulizer provides a compact version for travel.
- InnoSpire Essence Compressor Nebulizer System is compact and has fewer parts to assemble and clean.
The mouthpiece is a preferred delivery method to inhale the medication because it does not expose the face to the medication. In the events that respiratory therapy patients can't use the mouthpiece, it can be removed to connect the SideStream mask.
- SideStream Sami the Seal Pediatric Mask is shaped like seal to make respiratory therapy playful and effective when a mouthpiece can't be used.
- SideStream Tucker the Turtle Pediatric Mask is a turtle design to make treatment fun. The design also reduces aerosol entry around the eyes.
- SideStream Nebulizer Aerosol Mask has both pediatric and adult sizes with an elongated design to limit gaps and loss of medication.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is the nebulizer tubing washed after use?
No, do not wash or sanitize the tubing.
How often does a SideStream reusable kit need to be sanitized?
Weekly sanitization is recommended. Boil for 10 minutes in soapy water and then rinse with water and let the parts air dry completely.
What is the difference between an inhaler and a nebulizer?
Both types deliver medication to the lungs. The key differences are that an inhaler dispenses a premeasured powdered medication through a mouthpiece and may require fast breaths to pull the powdered medication deeper into the lungs. Nebulizers make it easier for the patient to inhale since the medication is in the form of gentle mist, but this therapy takes longer.
How long does a SideStream disposable kit last?
Typically it will last for up to 10 uses or up to two weeks.
- Manufacturer: Respironics
- Brand: SideStream
- Product Numbers: HS800, HS860
- Colors: Light Blue (HS800), Dark Blue (HS860)
- Medicine Cup Capacity: 2 to 10 Milliliters
- Recommended Flow: 6 Liters per Minute
- Aerosol Output: 0.49 Milliliters
- Aerosol Output Rate: 0.09 Milliliters per Minute
- Tube Length: 7 Feet
- Treatment Time: 6 to 8 Minutes
- Latex Indicator: Latex-Free
- HCPCS Code: A7003 (HS800), A7005 (HS860)
- Application: Handheld Aerosol Medication Delivery
- Indications: Asthma, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, and Bronchiectasis
- Usage: Single Patient Use
Manuals and Documents
- User Instructions includes information on how to use and clean the nebulizer.
- Technical Data contains performance information.
- Brochure provides medication delivery information and HCPCS codes.
Benefits of the SideStream Technology Video (0:52 minutes)
- Additional Information